Ideas of plugins/addins for openMSX

Страница 1/5
| 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

By franklin.jr

Supporter (4)

Аватар пользователя franklin.jr

21-06-2020, 01:40

- An openMSX "browser" where we can load the contents of a web page, filter what will be sent to MSX, and MSX will be able to "browse" this web page. I think this will be useful so we can click a link on our MSX and, with the help of this plugin, download files and load them directly into MSX memory, or save them into a disk.
- A plugin that allows MSX computers to communicate with each other, so players will play against each other on the web.

Для того, чтобы оставить комментарий, необходимо регистрация или !login

By Dolphin101546015

Champion (271)

Аватар пользователя Dolphin101546015

21-06-2020, 04:18

franklin.jr wrote:

- A plugin that allows MSX computers to communicate with each other, so players will play against each other on the web.

1. Do you know many network software in real MSX?
2. Do you know many multi player games in MSX?

Btw, I still hope see oneday, emulation of MIDI network 503/805 or any COM device (UART) for communication from OpenMSX to host, also.

By Manuel

Ascended (16702)

Аватар пользователя Manuel

21-06-2020, 21:32

1. I don't think this is emulating something, sounds more like you want MSX network cards emulated which can do exactly that. We might implement a high level UNAPI based device at some point.
2. Like described here? https://github.com/openMSX/openMSX/issues/25

Dolphin: serial communication is already emulated for several RS-232C interfaces. MIDI is also emulated.
I suppose that that network would need some 'middle layer' to manage things. Well, all help about that is welcome. I don't think we will implement it ourselves, also because no one has access to this hardware.

By Dolphin101546015

Champion (271)

Аватар пользователя Dolphin101546015

23-06-2020, 02:32

Manuel wrote:

Dolphin: serial communication is already emulated for several RS-232C interfaces. MIDI is also emulated.
I suppose that that network would need some 'middle layer' to manage things. Well, all help about that is welcome. I don't think we will implement it ourselves, also because no one has access to this hardware.

I mean this device emulation, and (or?) emulation of this device over host UART.

By wolf_

Ambassador_ (9813)

Аватар пользователя wolf_

23-06-2020, 07:40

Make a VST of it, supporting multiple MIDI-devices, so that you can control it from a DAW and a to be made MIDI-receiver/wrapper running in the MSX-session.

By Randam

Paladin (971)

Аватар пользователя Randam

23-06-2020, 16:50

I would like to second Franklin.jr's idea of netplay. Maybe like webmsx or fmsx already do or a more elaborate one which would let you OPTIONALLY to store high scores, how far you've gotten etc (leaderboard etc)

Or as discussed with relation to the Links games: support for games like girly block, dires, etc that have some support for it for multiplayer or other functions (if at all possible).

By Manuel

Ascended (16702)

Аватар пользователя Manuel

23-06-2020, 21:35

wolf_ wrote:

Make a VST of it, supporting multiple MIDI-devices, so that you can control it from a DAW and a to be made MIDI-receiver/wrapper running in the MSX-session.

You could probably do this already if your MSX is running the proper software (like e.g. Synthesix?) and you're emulating a MIDI in/out device. Or did I misunderstand?

By wolf_

Ambassador_ (9813)

Аватар пользователя wolf_

23-06-2020, 22:06

I was more thinking of a real VST, meaning you could run multiple openMSX instances, and the content of each instance is then saved with the host project.

By Randam

Paladin (971)

Аватар пользователя Randam

23-06-2020, 22:23

Would scanning a listing, OCR-ing the data and then getting it into OpenMSX as a listing be something that could work?

By MsxKun

Paladin (935)

Аватар пользователя MsxKun

23-06-2020, 22:35

I would be happy enough with a Sprite viewer, and even a pattern mode viewer, same as it has a Bitmap mode viewer where you can check the content of VRAM. Basically what Meisei has. Ok, that is more a add-on for the debugger, but...

By Manuel

Ascended (16702)

Аватар пользователя Manuel

23-06-2020, 22:43

Randam wrote:

Would scanning a listing, OCR-ing the data and then getting it into OpenMSX as a listing be something that could work?

You can just scan a listing, OCR it and paste the content into the MSX, or load it from the text file Smile

Страница 1/5
| 2 | 3 | 4 | 5