No working rom in MSX core of MiSTer FPGA

Página 1/2
| 2

Por suww37

Supporter (11)

imagem de suww37

30-04-2022, 10:52

In MSX core of MiSTer FPGA, "Vaxol: Heavily Armed Storming Vehicle (1987) (MSX)" rom does not run normally (key or joystick button does not work well). I used sofarun and tried various mappers, but to no avail. I've tried using "romload.exe" and a hacking rom, but it doesn't work normally. Does anyone have any idea how to get this rom to run normally?

Entrar ou registrar-se para comentar

Por ducasp

Hero (550)

imagem de ducasp

30-04-2022, 17:52

Try mglocm, it is available in the extra package from KdL

Por KdL

Paragon (1434)

imagem de KdL

30-04-2022, 18:11

I'll try it later on 1chipMSX, but mglocm is inside the msxtools subfolder of OCM-PLD Pack, it is NOT in the OCM-EXTRA Pack.

Por mcolom

Master (241)

imagem de mcolom

30-04-2022, 18:26

I've tried it on the SX-1 and Sofarun and it worked out of the box for me. It seems to work fine with the keyboard. But yes, it's not the MiSTer...

Por suww37

Supporter (11)

imagem de suww37

01-05-2022, 01:24

ducasp wrote:

Try mglocm, it is available in the extra package from KdL

Have you tried running that rom using mglocm on MISTer fpga? I've run it. The latest mglocm (2021.8.11) version forced a reboot as soon as it was executed, and the same phenomenon occurred in the old version mglocm (2015.01.10). I use Nextor 2.01 os.

Por suww37

Supporter (11)

imagem de suww37

01-05-2022, 01:31

KdL wrote:

I'll try it later on 1chipMSX, but mglocm is inside the msxtools subfolder of OCM-PLD Pack, it is NOT in the OCM-EXTRA Pack.

Have you tried running that rom using mglocm on MISTer fpga? I've run it. The latest mglocm (2021.8.11) version forced a reboot as soon as it was executed, and the same phenomenon occurred in the old version mglocm (2015.01.10). I use Nextor 2.01 os.

Por suww37

Supporter (11)

imagem de suww37

01-05-2022, 01:32

mcolom wrote:

I've tried it on the SX-1 and Sofarun and it worked out of the box for me. It seems to work fine with the keyboard. But yes, it's not the MiSTer...

Do you run it by sr.com ?

Por mcolom

Master (241)

imagem de mcolom

01-05-2022, 10:12

suww37 wrote:

Do you run it by sr.com ?

Yes. Sofarun v8.0. It launches srom 3.1 with an ASCII16 mapper, and it works fine.

Por suww37

Supporter (11)

imagem de suww37

01-05-2022, 11:12

mcolom wrote:
suww37 wrote:

Do you run it by sr.com ?

Yes. Sofarun v8.0. It launches srom 3.1 with an ASCII16 mapper, and it works fine.

If so, it seems to be a problem with the MiSTer fpga. Perhaps there is a problem with the ocm porting. Do you use nextor os?

Por ducasp

Hero (550)

imagem de ducasp

01-05-2022, 12:51

By the way, MiSTER has two msx cores, one that is msx1 only and other based on KdL OCM, which msx core are you using? Because mglocm would work only with KdL OCM based core... Tongue

Por suww37

Supporter (11)

imagem de suww37

01-05-2022, 13:23

ducasp wrote:

By the way, MiSTER has two msx cores, one that is msx1 only and other based on KdL OCM, which msx core are you using? Because mglocm would work only with KdL OCM based core... Tongue

It refer to kdl ocm. Vaxol: Heavily Armed Storming Vehicle (1987) (MSX)" rom does not run normally in kdl ocm msx core of MiSTer FPGA.

Página 1/2
| 2