Video Titling software

Por tsmvp

Rookie (29)

imagem de tsmvp

15-03-2020, 19:20

Hey guys,

Do you know any software for the MSX1 to create video titling? The idea is anything that can create text/sprites on the screen with the background/border set to color 0 (transparent) and move these things around. Any clues?

Thanks!

CR

Entrar ou registrar-se para comentar

Por Grauw

Ascended (8900)

imagem de Grauw

15-03-2020, 21:00

MSX-BASIC? Smile

Por Manuel

Ascended (16365)

imagem de Manuel

15-03-2020, 21:06

Yeah, assuming it has the usual SET VIDEO commands, MSX-BASIC can be very powerful to make slideshows and whatnot.

Por tsmvp

Rookie (29)

imagem de tsmvp

15-03-2020, 22:47

The issue is not knowing the software that is available but finding a ROM or DSK for these. Anyone dumped these or have these so I could try?

Thanks!

CR

Por tsmvp

Rookie (29)

imagem de tsmvp

15-03-2020, 22:50

Grauw wrote:

MSX-BASIC? Smile

I thought about creating something that even could use a mouse. With nice icons for functions but I have no idea how to start. I know BASIC and even wrote a small tiny program to show the mouse pointer and move it around. Now how to create clickable icons I have no clue. It would be awesome to do this!

CR

Por informn

Supporter (6)

imagem de informn

19-03-2020, 05:03

Just this week I was reading on this site about the command ( s ? ) for easily moving ( copying ) square / rectangular sections of the screen from one spot to another, very simply and easily, so you could even move your titles around in circles .
I can't remember if this is one of the commands - https://www.msx.org/wiki/COPY

Regarding the mouse, search for the word "button" on the following page https://www.msx.org/wiki/Mouse/Trackball

Also, an invisible sprite could follow your mouse x,y position and then use the sprite-collision-detection command s? to detect when its on top of an icon-sprite, and combine it with a click ( click should be in mouse commands on this site ? )

What about 3D rotating titles .

I made a small program which 3D rotates 2 joined lines, I don't think I will refine it more for some time, it works ok on MSX-1 at 3.5-MHZ , the machine just called MSX on the Bluemsx emulator .
You can download my 3D program on the following page, it is a .sta ( Load state in the file menu ) file for Bluemsx, don't know if .sta files work on other emulators .
https://sites.google.com/site/89089090980z909/new

Por Manuel

Ascended (16365)

imagem de Manuel

19-03-2020, 20:32

informn wrote:

Just this week I was reading on this site about the command ( s ? ) for easily moving ( copying ) square / rectangular sections of the screen from one spot to another, very simply and easily, so you could even move your titles around in circles .
I can't remember if this is one of the commands - https://www.msx.org/wiki/COPY

Yes, that's the command, but it's not available on MSX1.

Quote:

Also, an invisible sprite could follow your mouse x,y position and then use the sprite-collision-detection command s? to detect when its on top of an icon-sprite, and combine it with a click ( click should be in mouse commands on this site ? )

Why not simply check the location of the mouse when the button is clicked?

Quote:

What about 3D rotating titles .

I made a small program which 3D rotates 2 joined lines, I don't think I will refine it more for some time, it works ok on MSX-1 at 3.5-MHZ , the machine just called MSX on the Bluemsx emulator .
You can download my 3D program on the following page, it is a .sta ( Load state in the file menu ) file for Bluemsx, don't know if .sta files work on other emulators .
https://sites.google.com/site/89089090980z909/new

Instead of a savestate file that is only usable on a single emulator, why not simply make the program available on a disk or ROM image? Then anyone can run it, even on real hardware.

Por informn

Supporter (6)

imagem de informn

20-03-2020, 01:45

I gave up trying to save the 3d demo onto a disk image, thats something I cannot get functioning, Bluemsx is excellent in everything esle .

However I have now improved the 3D demo, and saved it as a .cas and a .sta , and placed it on
https://sites.google.com/site/89089090980z909/new

For .cas
load 3D.cas into your emulator ( from the file menu usually )
rewind it,
type LOAD"CAS:"

It takes a while to load the array, turn up the emulator speed to maximum until you see the 3D, and play the demo at normal speed .

You may need to run it twice until it has a transparent background , otherwise an unusual result .

it's only intended to provided people with something they can modify for whatever they want to do, so it's only 2 lines rotating, and you'd need to adjust the numbers in the math to get the rotation into an elipse, since I just left it as a circle.

It's only intended for the slowest machines, thats why I use an array, obviously on the fastest machines you would not need an array, just redo the calculations in each loop

I could try make it faster using bsave, a binary version, or part of the program as a binary, however
- How could I possibly find the addresses to save the program as binary ?
- Or find the addresses to just save part of the program as binary ?
- And even if I had it saved as a binary, how could I
- LOAD PART OF A PROGRAM SAVED AS A BINARY, TO INSERT IT INTO A BASIC PROGRAM ?
- Or even just Bload an entire program saved as a binary,

Obviously the easiest thing would be the save part of the 3D program as a single disk or cassette program, and bsave it into a binary-version to insert it into a Basic program, however, all those memory addresses are totally beyond me, way too difficult for me, if anyone can fine tune this 3D program into a better rotating cube and save it as a binary-version, or as a Basic program that has the slowest code inserted as binary-code ( ideal option ), make it available for anyone to download .

- This is off topic for this question, I can move it to a new question if prefered