Time has come. Selling my complete Konami collection

Página 3/4
1 | 2 | | 4

Por Latok

msx guru (3686)

imagem de Latok

21-10-2019, 09:50

Honestly, I think it would be wise for eskroto to contact Konami about his intention of selling. He might get a good price from them as a whole! And the collection stays intact.

What's going to happen now is that he will sell maybe 60% and can not part with the other 40% for reason of too low bid prices. In the end he still needs that cabinet to stack the remaining games. A ruined collection.

Por Stt1

Champion (437)

imagem de Stt1

21-10-2019, 12:55

Not sure if Konami has any museum of their own. Or even interest to maintain such...

Por wbahnassi

Rookie (28)

imagem de wbahnassi

21-10-2019, 15:19

Yeah Konami will buy the games and feature them on pachinkos.. what a let down for a company that owns such huge amount of great IPs.

Por uberjack

Master (217)

imagem de uberjack

21-10-2019, 16:57

Might as well admit that Konami is hardly the worst culprit in this case. Video games as they used to be in the 80's and 90's are basically dead - games of the future won't even be Zombie Apocalypse-proof. Smile

Por Grauw

Ascended (8456)

imagem de Grauw

21-10-2019, 18:04

Konami is still making (or at least publishing) console titles, e.g. recently Contra: Rogue Corps was released and Castlevania: Grimoire of Souls was announced. I think the worst you could say about these is that they’re just rehashes of old IP, but really that’s been going on for a long time already.

But these are smaller, more indie-like titles, as opposed to AAA titles like the Metal Gear franchise has been in recent times, which they stopped making. Which I can kind of understand, there’s an enormous amount of money and financial risk involved in those productions (at company-killer level). Although they’re still making Pro Evolution Soccer, too.

Por Latok

msx guru (3686)

imagem de Latok

29-10-2019, 00:09

No ebay listing anymore?

Por Argon

Paragon (1085)

imagem de Argon

29-10-2019, 09:17

LOL, even if I was to sell my Konami collection at a third of these asking prices I would be a very very happy man, haha. (but I'm not selling)

Por Stt1

Champion (437)

imagem de Stt1

29-10-2019, 14:10

Latok: The previous batch 'from own collection' auctions ended already Sunday. As far as I know, he is preparing the next set listed next month.

Most likely there will be a post, when the next batch is available.

Por defdanny

Expert (66)

imagem de defdanny

29-10-2019, 23:15

would be interesting to know how many auctions lead to actual sells. I doubt that it were that many, especially because of the high starting prices. Am I wrong?

Por Stt1

Champion (437)

imagem de Stt1

30-10-2019, 07:34

Around half had bids before ending.

Página 3/4
1 | 2 | | 4