PDI to DMK using DSK-PRO 10.4 with OpenMSX

Página 2/3
1 | | 3

Por Manuel

Ascended (18253)

imagem de Manuel

18-03-2017, 21:18

Wouter just implemented the 2 missing features in openMSX. Please confirm that it works with dskpro using the latest development build on openMSX.fixato.net.

Por sd_snatcher

Prophet (3486)

imagem de sd_snatcher

19-03-2017, 02:39

Awesome, the Mac builds are back!!! Thank you FiXato and niekniek!!!

Just one small detail: the "Mac Builds" button in the website is still pointing to the universal old binaries folder, instead of the new x86_64 folder.

Por cbsfox

Champion (386)

imagem de cbsfox

20-03-2017, 17:29

This version 0.13 of OPENMSX that Wouter did was buggy. It does not even access DSK files anymore. And it is not writing the deleted data mark. The read command is working. Not the writing one.
And I forgot one thing. I did not use the Interrupt command to avoid the 2 CRC bytes in the end of a sector data area. This command was not fast enough. I had to use the Motor Off command.
In a Philips or Sony computer, that uses the Western Digital chipset, the command is:
Ld (7FFDh),3

In a Brazilian floppy disk controller, that use the same Western Digital chipset but port based, the command is:
Out (0D4h),0

Por Manuel

Ascended (18253)

imagem de Manuel

20-03-2017, 22:42

The DSK problem was solved in the latest version. The rest is being worked on Smile

Por tcm1998

Expert (120)

imagem de tcm1998

24-03-2017, 15:11

I have written a disk analyser/converter. 90% of the code will go into my new diskmanager, but since that won't be released for a while longer, I decided to make this into a command line tool. At the moment it can alalyse PDI and convert PDI to DMK (see below) or DSK (obviously most won't work because of protections). I'm close to finishing on DSK and DMK to PDI. I have tested all PDI conversions as follows ...

1) Analyse the PDI for protections like CRC errors, deleted data marks, missing tracks, sectors that aren't 512 bytes and tracks that have more or less than 9 sectors.
2) Convert the PDI to DMK using my tool
3) Analyse the DMK for the same protections using the openMSX DMK analyse program

All PDI's in Marcos Blanco's PDI pack pass this test.

Then all DMK's were tested in openMSX using a gradient expert 1.1 and a DDX 3.0 disk interface. The results (from the same pack of PDI files) ...

Fully working (atleast as far as I can see, I don't undestand much portuguese) :
AQUARELA, BATMAN, BKPDISCO, BOLTER, CHAVE1, CHAVE3, COPYGTS, D-BOOK, DISKMECH, EDITOR-A, FASTCOPY, HELLO, L-GAVEA, M-CMM, M-FORMAT, M-SCAN, M_SCAN-P, MSTEALER, M-TOOLS, PFILES, PFORMAT, PMASTER, PSCANNER, PTOPVIEW, PZAPPER, PZAPPER2, SSTEALLER, TPIRATE2 and VERSOR (74.4%)

Crashing, hanging or resetting (hard to tell if it's the protection, my conversion, the original PDI disk or openMSX) :
ANGRA1, G-SYSTEM,M-BUF768, M-PROTEC, M-TRANSF, NEMISIS, SONYC and S-PELADA (20,5%)

Showing that the protection has been detected (again, could be due to the original PDI, my conversion or openMSX)
M-CODER and MPW (5.1%)

I'd like to share this tool, but unfurtunately I have nowhere to host it Sad
It's written in C# and sources will be included.

Por tcm1998

Expert (120)

imagem de tcm1998

24-03-2017, 19:57

Never mind. I forgot about dropbox. So here it is ...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pek1prupz8geqht/PDITool.zip?dl=0

Usage is quite simple.

To print a PDI analysis:
PDITool

To convert PDI to DMK or DSK
PDITool -c

Enjoy!

Por iamweasel2

Paladin (685)

imagem de iamweasel2

09-04-2017, 02:25

I tried Nemesis 1 (dmk) with openMSX 0.13. Although the game plays until the end, in the final scene (after the ship escapes) there's garbage on the screen and the game freezes.
(

Por tcm1998

Expert (120)

imagem de tcm1998

09-04-2017, 06:21

iamweasel2 wrote:

I tried Nemesis 1 (dmk) with openMSX 0.13. Although the game plays until the end, in the final scene (after the ship escapes) there's garbage on the screen and the game freezes.
(

Which version of nemesis? There's a nemesis.dmk, showing a green and white blocky loader and doesn't work. Just resets. And then there's nemesisc.dmk, which shows an actual screen of nemesis as loader and that one works perfectly (both were in the pdi pack cbsfox gave me).

Por iamweasel2

Paladin (685)

imagem de iamweasel2

09-04-2017, 16:30

tcm1998 wrote:
iamweasel2 wrote:

I tried Nemesis 1 (dmk) with openMSX 0.13. Although the game plays until the end, in the final scene (after the ship escapes) there's garbage on the screen and the game freezes.
(

Which version of nemesis? There's a nemesis.dmk, showing a green and white blocky loader and doesn't work. Just resets. And then there's nemesisc.dmk, which shows an actual screen of nemesis as loader and that one works perfectly (both were in the pdi pack cbsfox gave me).

I used nemesis.dmk from the package made by CBSFox. This version probably only works with port based fdcs (like Microsol) and it needs RAM in slot 2 (MSX Expert XP 800). Expert and port based fdcs were the most common setup here in Brazil.

I played the game until the end using openMSX 0.13 with the config I mentioned above.

Por tcm1998

Expert (120)

imagem de tcm1998

09-04-2017, 19:50

iamweasel2 wrote:

I used nemesis.dmk from the package made by CBSFox. This version probably only works with port based fdcs (like Microsol) and it needs RAM in slot 2 (MSX Expert XP 800). Expert and port based fdcs were the most common setup here in Brazil.

I played the game until the end using openMSX 0.13 with the config I mentioned above.

I think that's the one with the big green spaceship as a loader screen (please confirm that). That one comes from nemesisc.pdi, is working fine and my converter can convert it perfectly. It's the OTHER nemesis.pdi (the one with MSX Nemesis in white letters on a light green background with lots of lines) that doesn't work. Marcos has tested it on real hardware and it works fine, it probably contains something that openMSX doesn't like.

Página 2/3
1 | | 3