MSXVR: The pre-order for Metal Dragon for msxVR EXCLUSIVE users.

Pagina 4/5
1 | 2 | 3 | | 5

Van raymond

Hero (522)

afbeelding van raymond

06-06-2021, 15:55

sjoerd wrote:

Does the MSXVR version also work with a real V9990 cartridge or didn't you try that? Just asking because I'm having trouble using a real GFX9000 with an MSXVR.

Did you post a bug in Guilded for this?

Van Kai Magazine

Paragon (1389)

afbeelding van Kai Magazine

06-06-2021, 22:01

sjoerd wrote:

Does the MSXVR version also work with a real V9990 cartridge or didn't you try that? Just asking because I'm having trouble using a real GFX9000 with an MSXVR.

I haven't tested that, the objective was to check if the game runs ok on msxVR without the need of an external v9990 so every msxVR user could play it.

Van djh1697

Paragon (1582)

afbeelding van djh1697

06-06-2021, 22:52

sjoerd wrote:

Does the MSXVR version also work with a real V9990 cartridge or didn't you try that? Just asking because I'm having trouble using a real GFX9000 with an MSXVR.

I have read that the MSXVR emulates the V9990, so why use a cartridge? The VR does not work with I/O cartridges, so i don't think it will work with a real V9990, but then why would you need to? The functionality might be added at a later date? It does not support the SD or CF I/O on the Carnivore 2 of MRFSCC+SD
https://www.msx.org/wiki/MSXVR

Van GhostwriterP

Hero (593)

afbeelding van GhostwriterP

06-06-2021, 23:16

Maybe because v9990 emulation is not 100% yet (I know of at least two things in P1 that are not correctly emulated... and using the real V9990 in msxVR it just hangs Sad ).
And what is the use of adding cartridge slots if it doesn't work like that?

Van djh1697

Paragon (1582)

afbeelding van djh1697

06-06-2021, 23:53

GhostwriterP wrote:

Maybe because v9990 emulation is not 100% yet (I know of at least two things in P1 that are not correctly emulated... and using the real V9990 in msxVR it just hangs Sad ).
And what is the use of adding cartridge slots if it doesn't work like that?

I agree, i'd email alberto directly, it might well be in a forthcoming update?

Van ducasp

Champion (431)

afbeelding van ducasp

07-06-2021, 16:07

djh1697 wrote:
sjoerd wrote:

Does the MSXVR version also work with a real V9990 cartridge or didn't you try that? Just asking because I'm having trouble using a real GFX9000 with an MSXVR.

I have read that the MSXVR emulates the V9990, so why use a cartridge? The VR does not work with I/O cartridges, so i don't think it will work with a real V9990, but then why would you need to? The functionality might be added at a later date? It does not support the SD or CF I/O on the Carnivore 2 of MRFSCC+SD
https://www.msx.org/wiki/MSXVR

If I/O doesn't work, then that is quite an impediment for a lot of interfaces, hope they add it later, it would be quite a shame to have that many slots and not be able to put hardware there, after all, if you want to just emulate everything, OpenMSX is free and you can make a quite good looking keyboard case for it running in a PI4;

Van AxelStone

Prophet (2962)

afbeelding van AxelStone

07-06-2021, 16:43

ducasp wrote:

If I/O doesn't work, then that is quite an impediment for a lot of interfaces, hope they add it later, it would be quite a shame to have that many slots and not be able to put hardware there, after all, if you want to just emulate everything, OpenMSX is free and you can make a quite good looking keyboard case for it running in a PI4

Totally agree with you. I'm very disappointed with how MSXVR works and not sure that everything can be fixed only by software patches.

Van MsxKun

Paladin (991)

afbeelding van MsxKun

07-06-2021, 17:07

ducasp][quote=djh1697 wrote:

If I/O doesn't work, then that is quite an impediment for a lot of interfaces, hope they add it later, it would be quite a shame to have that many slots and not be able to put hardware there, after all, if you want to just emulate everything, OpenMSX is free and you can make a quite good looking keyboard case for it running in a PI4;

Well, some work. Moonsound does. Darky, sometimes, a bit borked. Music Module doesn't. Not both mine at least...
My SD and CF failed both.

Van geijoenr

Master (254)

afbeelding van geijoenr

07-06-2021, 19:07

I wasn't aware of all this. It seems msxVR indeed has very limited support for actual msx hardware, which makes it look like an emulator with a somewhat flaky cartridge interface.

But I do not understand then the 4 slots. Is this something that is going to be addressed in the future?

Van ducasp

Champion (431)

afbeelding van ducasp

07-06-2021, 20:14

MsxKun][quote=ducasp wrote:
djh1697 wrote:

If I/O doesn't work, then that is quite an impediment for a lot of interfaces, hope they add it later, it would be quite a shame to have that many slots and not be able to put hardware there, after all, if you want to just emulate everything, OpenMSX is free and you can make a quite good looking keyboard case for it running in a PI4;

Well, some work. Moonsound does. Darky, sometimes, a bit borked. Music Module doesn't. Not both mine at least...
My SD and CF failed both.

Hope they get it working reliably. Smile

Pagina 4/5
1 | 2 | 3 | | 5