Looking for a PAINT routine for MSX2

Pagina 4/4
1 | 2 | 3 |

Van Dolphin101546015

Master (254)

afbeelding van Dolphin101546015

10-03-2020, 15:21

Sorry, *degradation Smile

Van gdx

Prophet (3430)

afbeelding van gdx

11-03-2020, 01:02

Dolphin101546015 wrote:

When free memory is over, stock paint exit with error, and basic return - memory overflow.
In this test, no any errors hapen.
And if you looking good, you will see overlapped points, where it will continue working, on the edge of screen.
But function end before.
I know where it have error: MS read VDP registers wrong, and therefore observer ignore last coordinate.

Can you indicate the location of this routine?
Thanks. Your routine is great. Only screen 2~4 are not supported isn't it?

Van Manuel

Ascended (16397)

afbeelding van Manuel

11-03-2020, 09:39

I'd still like to see how your routines would perform on the test proposed by p_gimeno... when properly converted to screen 5.

Van Dolphin101546015

Master (254)

afbeelding van Dolphin101546015

11-03-2020, 15:48

Manuel wrote:

I'd still like to see how your routines would perform on the test proposed by p_gimeno... when properly converted to screen 5.

I still don’t understand why you want to see my algorithm work, if it doesn’t get into the Fusion-C libraries?
Its performance will be exactly the same as shown on the video earlier on any test.
The algorithm that I gave Eric works exactly like MS (may be, with a bit another way and speed), only with a fixed errors of observer.

Van Dolphin101546015

Master (254)

afbeelding van Dolphin101546015

11-03-2020, 15:47

gdx wrote:

Can you indicate the location of this routine?

These, and other comprehensive information about the functions entry points, and their properties, can be obtained from the Red Book.
I am sure that you know her wellWink

gdx wrote:

Thanks. Your routine is great.

Welcome!

gdx wrote:

Only screen 2~4 are not supported isn't it?

Exactly right!
I also suggest that you do not call S2-S4 modes graphic, and do not use them in this way.
Coz it some absurd Smile

Van Manuel

Ascended (16397)

afbeelding van Manuel

11-03-2020, 17:55

Dolphin101546015 wrote:
Manuel wrote:

I'd still like to see how your routines would perform on the test proposed by p_gimeno... when properly converted to screen 5.

I still don’t understand why you want to see my algorithm work, if it doesn’t get into the Fusion-C libraries?
Its performance will be exactly the same as shown on the video earlier on any test.
The algorithm that I gave Eric works exactly like MS (may be, with a bit another way and speed), only with a fixed errors of observer.

Because I wonder if it works on that particular case Smile It's a tricky case...

Van Dolphin101546015

Master (254)

afbeelding van Dolphin101546015

12-03-2020, 01:11

Manuel wrote:

Because I wonder if it works on that particular case Smile It's a tricky case...

My algorithm working on any case in MSX, because it need 3kb free ram maximum, in any graphics mode up to 512x424.
Classic Paint function (witch got Fusion-C), might request very big amount of free ram, on hard observing areas.

Pagina 4/4
1 | 2 | 3 |