Anybody bidding on this lot? I just want one game. Maybe we can work something out?

Door BitSquad

Expert (86)

afbeelding van BitSquad

02-02-2020, 02:49

I'd like to get this for Megalopolis SOS. The rest I could take or leave.

Anybody else interested in the other titles and not Megalopolis SOS?

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r377588757

Aangemeld of registreer om reacties te plaatsen

Van BitSquad

Expert (86)

afbeelding van BitSquad

08-02-2020, 14:43

Ever win an auction that you'd been looking forward to, but by the time it's over, the price has gone so high that instead of saying, "Yay! I won!" you say, "Well, I guess I won." I suppose that's the hallmark of a good MSX purchase. Tongue

On a related note, I have several games to sell or trade now. I don't expect to make all of my money back, but I would like to recover what I can. The one title that I don't know the value of would be Battleship Clapton II, so if I'm lucky, maybe that one is pretty desirable.

The less time that I have to put into this, the more flexible I'll be with my pricing. I'd like to keep the Hyper Shot games bundled with the controller as that will make it easier to get rid of all of them. I'd also love trades. I love getting new MSX games, so if you have a trade list, please let me know.

Zero fighter
David 2
MSX baseball
Color Midway
Color Pillbox
Pineapplin'
Excellion
Hyper sports 1
Hyper Olympics 2
Battleship Clapton 2
Volgard
Hyper Olympics 1
Atsushi Koshien 2
Front line
Midnight commander
SASA
Moon landing
Lonesome Tank Advance
Zexxus light speed 2000 light years
Hyper shot

Photos on the listing. I won't have more photos until they get shipped here.

PMs don't work last time I checked. Feel free to email me!

Van ashame

Expert (128)

afbeelding van ashame

08-02-2020, 16:38

These seem to be in very good quality. I have nothing to offer though! Wink

Van BitSquad

Expert (86)

afbeelding van BitSquad

08-02-2020, 17:19

Did you check some gameplay videos to see if any of them were something that you might want?

If I was to pick one, I think it would be Pineapplin'.

Van ashame

Expert (128)

afbeelding van ashame

08-02-2020, 19:56

BitSquad wrote:

Did you check some gameplay videos to see if any of them were something that you might want?

If I was to pick one, I think it would be Pineapplin'.

Seems like a nice little platformer. But for today I already exceeded my spending budget Cool

Van uberjack

Champion (265)

afbeelding van uberjack

11-02-2020, 06:31

Wow, that's some serious buying power. I can potentially take Hyper Olympic 1 off your hands - sorry, slim pickings. Please post some photos and let me know what you'd like for it, when you receive them.

Van ashame

Expert (128)

afbeelding van ashame

11-02-2020, 11:01

BitSquad wrote:

Zero fighter
David 2
MSX baseball
Color Midway
Color Pillbox
Pineapplin'
Excellion
Hyper sports 1
Hyper Olympics 2
Battleship Clapton 2
Volgard
Hyper Olympics 1
Atsushi Koshien 2
Front line
Midnight commander
SASA
Moon landing
Lonesome Tank Advance
Zexxus light speed 2000 light years
Hyper shot

Photos on the listing. I won't have more photos until they get shipped here.

PMs don't work last time I checked. Feel free to email me!

Correct me if I'm wrong. You listed 'Excellion' but on the images I see Jaleco's 'Exerion'.

Is Exerion complete and for sale too?

Van uberjack

Champion (265)

afbeelding van uberjack

11-02-2020, 14:57

ashame wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong. You listed 'Excellion' but on the images I see Jaleco's 'Exerion'.

Is Exerion complete and for sale too?

Pretty sure by Excellion he means Exerion - transliteration from Japanese makes these sort of alternate spellings possible - especially as it concerns L and R.

Van BitSquad

Expert (86)

afbeelding van BitSquad

12-02-2020, 07:41

Hehe whoops! Engrish

I had actually manually typed out all of the titles previously when I calculated their values. Since Notepad doesn't autosave like a modern program, I lost that all when I restarted and decided to just copy the machine translation of the website by Chrome.

Auto-translations can be fun sometimes. I can't see a game for sale anymore without wondering if it has "box theory". Once I saw a listing for an X68000 which included the phrase, "tentatively, I have unearthed the secret girls". I can only imagine this is an ancient Japanese expression.

Yes, Exerion is for sale/trade!

uberjack wrote:

Wow, that's some serious buying power.

Hehe I don't want to seem like the guy who has loads of money and doesn't care to drive the price up. I don't really have loads of money, just a particular set of a few games that I don't want to pass on. For most games, I'm willing to accept one that's less than perfect condition in order to get a better than average price. I actually get outbid on the majority of auctions.

If I calculated properly, I'm thinking the other games should be around 60k yen worth at a pretty conservative valuation. So if that's the case, I may have overpaid for Megalopolis by a little, but not enough to regret it. The pain is just that it does tie up a good chunk of money while I work on selling the extras.

Quote:

I can potentially take Hyper Olympic 1 off your hands - sorry, slim pickings. Please post some photos and let me know what you'd like for it, when you receive them.

I was leaning toward keeping the Hyper Shot games together, but I've received multiple requests for individual parts of that set, so I suppose it depends if I get enough different people to take it all.