MSX Cartridge Shop updated

by Guillian on 23-06-2008, 09:58
Topic: Websites

The MSX Cartridge Shop has been updated. The main changes are:

• The site has been ported from Flash to XHTML+CSS+JavaScript by Juno
  • Added new games: Majikazo, Operation Wolf and Traffic Jam
  • A new 1024K MegaFlashROM cartridge is available. Its 8 Megabits make it possible to run a full 720KB DSK image converted to ROM (using DSK2ROM by Vincent van Dam). It is also possible to load a 48KB ROM into it.

Relevant link: The MSX Cartridge Shop

By cesco

cesco's picture

23-06-2008, 13:40

My two cents:

* Graphic title is too big, it takes about 25% of the visible page, with a desktop resolution of 1280x800

* Vertical scroll bars doesn't show properly under Safari, and the entire page seems to be too tall to be displayed at once.

* An extra 5% fee for paypal payments... asking for extra fees is never a popular thing to do, trust me Wink IMHO it's better to ask a slightly higher price without making distinctions between cash payments and paypal (for example 52 Euro instead of 50 for the multirom cart).

By wolf_

Ambassador_ (9865)

wolf_'s picture

23-06-2008, 14:12

I'd simply ditch the whole Flash thing.

By jltursan

jltursan's picture

23-06-2008, 15:13

Using FF3 there's no visible vertical scrollbar in the Welcome page. The only way to scroll down to see the bottom text is using the cursors or PageDown.

By ro

ro's picture

23-06-2008, 15:36

@Wolf: dish the "flash" stuff? I hope you mean the "macromedia/adobe" web enhancement, not that button that leads to the MegaFlashRom.
Tho the "menu" aint' flash, it's some Dynamic webstuff (CSS+JS) and it's cool Smile (but I hate it too. haha)

nice website so far, tho it needs some adjustments. keep it up

By wolf_

Ambassador_ (9865)

wolf_'s picture

23-06-2008, 17:01

Whatever it is, I'm totally not into internet tech. I just prefer plain simple/old websites.

By SLotman

SLotman's picture

23-06-2008, 23:06

Site is all cut up and doesnt have any scrollbars... so in 800x600 I cant even see it Sad

By Guillian

Guillian's picture

24-06-2008, 00:56

Vertical scroll bar seems to be fixed now.