Meridian website - back in business

by snout on 08-09-2003, 19:35
Topic: Websites

On July 28th Iwein van Caelenberg suddenly stopped hosting MSX websites on his www.msx2.com webserver. A day later MSX Resource Center offered the opportunity to download Michiel de Vries's MIDI-tracker Meridian. As of today, an entire website dedicated to this extraordinary program is back online at http://www.opl4.nl/. You can still download Meridian 3.0 beta2 right here, but if you want more information or support you should definitely visit the new Meridian website

Relevant link: http://www.opl4.nl/

By Jorito

Mr. Ambassadors (1771)

Jorito's picture

08-09-2003, 21:06

Hmmz... is it me or is the download on the Meridian site (meridian.lzh) screwed?

By snout

snout's picture

08-09-2003, 21:56

better download the MRC version, as it is a more recent one anyway Smile

By Jorito

Mr. Ambassadors (1771)

Jorito's picture

08-09-2003, 22:06

oh, you mean the one that displays 'ERR' on all positions in the pattern editor? Wink

By chaos

chaos's picture

08-09-2003, 22:35

'ERR' on all positions! I thought that was because my mem.map. may be broken Wink

By snout

snout's picture

08-09-2003, 23:42

Interesting, since that problem does not occur here. Did you report it to Michiel?

By Jorito

Mr. Ambassadors (1771)

Jorito's picture

08-09-2003, 23:48

Nah, I trust that you read it here and will report it to him Smile

By BiFi

BiFi's picture

09-09-2003, 16:40

I think that has to do with a bigger memory mapper in a slot expander for some reason.

By Jorito

Mr. Ambassadors (1771)

Jorito's picture

09-09-2003, 19:40

Hmm... could be! The ERR stuff is gone if I start meridian on my GT without the extra 512kB memory mapper!

Also a nice feature: start Meridian, and exit it (CTRL+Q). Now start it again with 'run' and see the nice 'not enough memory to run Meridian 2.2' message Wink

By Jorito

Mr. Ambassadors (1771)

Jorito's picture

09-09-2003, 19:41

Hey, some feature Meridian should really have: a doubleclick option! It's a bit annoying to have to select a file, and then click the open button. IMHO it should be the default action! Same goes for directories btw.

By snout

snout's picture

09-09-2003, 21:20

Jorito: check your right mouse button Tongue Meridian actually uses it Smile

By MichieldeVries

Rookie (24)

MichieldeVries's picture

10-09-2003, 21:22

Hey folks,

It's good to see some reaction on the opl4.nl site.
But... as you could see, it's just the last version of the site that I published on msx2.com
I'm working on restyling the whole site, new banner, new content, etc.

You just have to wait for some day till the new site and newest downloads are available.
Good thing: that nasty shift bug has been fixed.