Universe Unknown Final - bugfix

by snout on 28-05-2006, 01:32
Topic: Software

After releasing the final version of Universe: Unknown, another bug was discovered in Infinite's impressive shooter. The mid restart-point in level 6 was placed in the middle of a wall. In the version released just now, this bug was fixed. Furthermore, the manual has been updated a bit.

Relevant link: Universe : Unknown

Of course... I always play on my TR Wink

By wolf_

Ambassador_ (9903)

wolf_'s picture

29-05-2006, 11:56

oO

Finishing UU without savestates! Dude! Do you realise how hard a job that must have been? Big smile

Looking back on it, I think level2, those tanks between those mountains right after the start of the 'land' must be one of the real bottlenecks of the game.

Now, only69 should do a map. ^_^

By Imanok

Imanok's picture

29-05-2006, 12:53

Now with the 'continue-F5' option, it's not that hard... Wink

Anyway, you're right... stage 2 is one of the hardest stages.

By wolf_

Ambassador_ (9903)

wolf_'s picture

29-05-2006, 13:10

I think level 1 is quite a cookie..
2 is hard, the tanks between the mountains are cruel, the rest is doable, tho there's no shortage of turrets shooting at ya Tongue

I always mix-up 3 and 4
The eastern/scorpion level is quite doable, tho I tend to die a lot at the end of the level where you have to fly between those small platforms with those scorpions on it.
The red statues level is easy, but a big bottleneck is that cluster of tight statues shooting at ya.

5 *was* easy, but after the revamping the real trick is the surprise element, if you're flying too high, a meteorite can just hit your 455 before you can say "duh?"

6 is also not without turrets and bullets again, but not unplayable

7 is not half bad, it's just that those arms are to watch out for..

mhoa, all in, level 2 is somewhat hard, the rest is certainly playable..

By Imanok

Imanok's picture

29-05-2006, 13:39

You're totally right.

You have to get all capsules you can until you reach weapon 7... then everything gets easier because you don't have to worry about your energy level Wink

It's a pity those endbosses can be defeated that easily.

By wolf_

Ambassador_ (9903)

wolf_'s picture

29-05-2006, 16:58

* points to Edwin Tongue

By Edwin

Edwin's picture

29-05-2006, 18:35

Too hard... too easy. Can't please everyone it seems. Maybe our next production should only have a demo mode so we can avoid this problem. Tongue

By wolf_

Ambassador_ (9903)

wolf_'s picture

29-05-2006, 19:05

Well, if imanok finishes UU without savestates, then he's a shooter-expert .., for him every shooter will be a piece o' cake no doubt! Others otoh can't manage to finish even the first level. Tongue

By Imanok

Imanok's picture

30-05-2006, 08:49

Edwin, don't take it too seriously... it's just an opinion. I know a balanced difficulty is one of the most hard issues to implement... you CAN'T make everybody happy. I was just saying what I feel... nothing wrong with that, I think... you will agree with me if I say that the hard part of the game is playing through the stages more than defeating the bosses, will you?

I prefer people reacting about new games than being indiferent... and I think an opinion coming from somebody who has beaten the game, could be quite interesting.

@wolf: I'm not an expert, but I really love playing shooters... Wink

By only_69

Hero (565)

only_69's picture

02-06-2006, 18:30

Did anyone asked for a map of UU? LOL!

I will do it after the one of Adventure of Randar III, in case I finish this one -> man, the game is huuuuuuge!! Crying

I am even thinking of abandoning this map, really! Crazy

By the way, I am owing you guys the Salamander map. I stopped it in the third level.

By BiFi

BiFi's picture

04-06-2006, 09:01

Finish the Salamander map first... UU can wait. Tongue

By wolf_

Ambassador_ (9903)

wolf_'s picture

04-06-2006, 10:53

well, do shooters need a map anyway? In case of UU: just fly all the way to the left.. you'll get to the end that way.. ^_^

By only_69

Hero (565)

only_69's picture

05-06-2006, 19:39

In fact, my idea is to show people how the games are. Even if the people do not need solutions to complete it. Sometimes a person does not have the skill to shooter games but for rpg games. So, I think in that situations the maps are useful. Big smile

Finally, I am enjoying making the maps. That is the most important part. LOL! And I will keep making them until I have the time and patience for that (for the moment, I only have patience)! Crying