MSXdev '08 #6 - La Corona Encantada

by viejo_archivero on 31-01-2009, 11:28
Topic: Software

The earlier announced MSXdev'08 entry La Corona Encantada is now a finished entry, number six! In only days, the entry count has doubled already.

Karoshi Corporation, the MSXdev regulars from Spain, have surprised us with a game with certain ZX Spectrum looks. According to its authors, this game serves as tribute to all those the good old Spanish classics that use to be Spectrum conversions! This new platformer has all the elements you may expect: magic coins, monsters, a princess and an enchanted crown! Happy adventuring!

Relevant link: MSXdev'08 website

By ro

Guardian (4178)

ro's picture

31-01-2009, 12:09

nice metalgear SFX Wink

Damn, is that game hard to play or am I stupid. dunno, it seems cool and all but the controls. oh, well lez call it "old skool" and we're off!

Looks like a great entry, perhaps a winner Smile

By ARTRAG

ARTRAG's picture

31-01-2009, 16:10

zx spectrum emulation as style of development ?
Tongue
Anyway it looks very well done, only i regret the fact that ZX looks so monocrome...

By JohnHassink

Ambassador (5452)

JohnHassink's picture

31-01-2009, 23:49

I luuuv' the graphics in this game! The characters are so skillfully drawn.
From the first screen, everything is moving smooth and looking good. Really great!
The 1-color look somehow reminds me of Terramex a little, only much better & cooler ofcourse.

I also really enjoy the feature of pulling the lever and seeing where it has effect.

Music is nice too.

I'm not very good at this game, I must say. I would like to have been able to duck down or something like that.
But I find mostly the sheer quality of the whole very, very pleasant.

I hope also Mystic Swords will see the light of day soon!

By MäSäXi

MäSäXi's picture

03-02-2009, 11:40

Viejo, in your next game, use ZX-81 emulation. Wink That´ll teach complainers! Tongue And game after that can emulate some 60s - early seventies computer which don´t have monitor at all.... TongueTongue That will surely teach a lesson to any ZX-graphics complaining bastard!! TongueTongueTongueTongueLOL! Oh shit... now I myself cannot complain about nearly monochrome graphics... Tongue Smile

By [WYZ]

[WYZ]'s picture

03-02-2009, 15:39

By JohnHassink

Ambassador (5452)

JohnHassink's picture

05-02-2009, 00:54

Finally!

www.geocities.com/johnhassink/coronashot.png

And I hadn't even noticed I was just on time. :)

Nice ending, too!