Knightmare and Twin Bee by Topia

by Ivan on 13-05-2007, 15:58
Topic: Software

Source: Konamito.com

An MSX user from the Canary Islands (Spain) has reported the existence of two Konami games released by Topia (South Korea) in tape format: Knightmare and Twin Bee. It seems that they make use of the MSX2 capabilities. You can find some pictures of Topia's Knightmare over here.

Relevant link: Konamito.com

By PingPong

PingPong's picture

13-05-2007, 21:58

Judging on screen shot (that are too small), i do not see any grphx inprovement from msx1 original....

By Ivan

Ivan's picture

13-05-2007, 22:15

We will know that when the tape images are available Wink

By cronos

Rookie (23)

cronos's picture

14-05-2007, 18:15

I've played this game from Topia because I'm Korean. That's the tape image of Konami's Knightmare with company logo substitution. "MSX2 blah blah blah" in Korean at the bottom-right of the box image simply means "Playable on MSX2 also", there's no improvements for MSX2. Which means, that the rom image loader on the tape can figure out slot layout of MSX2 where main RAM is installed that is different from one of MSX1. Once Topia produced tape clones transfer rom image to RAM on slot 2 only, later, it caused a problem when MSX2 came up in Korean market, because MSX2 has different slot layout than RAM on slot 2. Then Topia reprogrammed the loader and says "you can play this game on you MSX2, too" - the yellow tab means. So that's the story. LOL!

By Ivan

Ivan's picture

14-05-2007, 19:35

Thanks for the info cronos!

14-05-2007, 22:38

I've seen a Korean cartridge version of Knightmare, in which the Konami logo was just erased. No other changes. That one I put in GenMSX... So, that's a different release (except for medium which is of course different) than this, cronos?

By Konamito

Konamito's picture

15-05-2007, 01:14

Thanks cronos!!

Now things are a bit clear. I doubted about an exclusive MSX2 version of the game in tape.

Anyway I'll try to get an image for emulators and play it Wink

By cronos

Rookie (23)

cronos's picture

15-05-2007, 12:20

If I remember correctly, most of Topia games have Topia logo instead of their original publisher. I wish you could see rising TOPIA instead of Konami Wink

By cronos

Rookie (23)

cronos's picture

15-05-2007, 12:23

and manuel, I've seen that kind of cartridge too. and another Knightmare showing Prosoft logo and some other Korean companies as well...

By anonymous

incognito ergo sum (116)

anonymous's picture

15-05-2007, 13:19

So, anyone knows whether the "Legendly Knight" megaROM is originally by Topia or it's another faked one?

By cronos

Rookie (23)

cronos's picture

15-05-2007, 14:59

I guarantee that the Legendry Knight(1988) is Topia's original. After producing bootlegs, the company finally developed some original game. By the way, we don't want to classify the quality of the Legendry Knight. Hannibal