Dragonslayer 6 intro by Wolf

by wolf_ on 17-09-2003, 00:33
Topic: Music

Falcom's masterpiece has a new clone. .. or 'rebirth' if you prefer. This version features the full 5 minutes, arranged for a rather big ensemble with all the bells and whistles.
For those who are interested, there's a little making-of file with background info.

Grab it here:

The music: (about 6mb)
Wolf's Dragonslayer 6 intro

The making-of: (about 433 kb)
Dragonslayer 6 intro

By Latok

msx guru (3842)

Latok's picture

17-09-2003, 00:46

/me grins @ Wolf.....Asshole.....

By Bart

Bart's picture

17-09-2003, 00:50

though it's a pretty neatly made song, couldn't you have picked a less boring song? I almost fell asleep.. (but that may have been the intention Smile ) But good stuff, give us some more sugar!

By wolf_

Ambassador_ (9903)

wolf_'s picture

17-09-2003, 01:03

hey, latok, what's up ? u mean that phrase about that making-of that got censored ? Smile

By Latok

msx guru (3842)

Latok's picture

17-09-2003, 01:03

No, the tune is fookin' aswesome. And you know it.

By wolf_

Ambassador_ (9903)

wolf_'s picture

17-09-2003, 01:15

oh, btw, 1 detail yet:

I was kinda lazy on those seabirds in the first seconds, I had to choose between seabirds, a howling wolf and a donkey (IIIIII-AAAAA).. I picked the seabirds for obvious reasons. Smile

By Guillian

Guillian's picture

17-09-2003, 01:25

Great work!
(I stand up and applaud)

By J-War

J-War's picture

17-09-2003, 03:35

weeeeeeeee, more ! more ! more ! more !

By BiFi

BiFi's picture

17-09-2003, 08:11

Wolf did it again... Cool arrangement man!

By Low_Profile

Low_Profile's picture

18-09-2003, 10:50

Sounds really good!

one minor detail, I liked the clarinet at 3:04 in the original a bit better (probably because it had a bit more aggressive attack, which is especially notable on 3:22 when the clarinet makes a very fast short sequence of half notes down)
But other than that I liked it Smile

By wolf_

Ambassador_ (9903)

wolf_'s picture

18-09-2003, 22:57

yeah well, that's the stuff with samples... the fm-pac clarinet is a static near-blockwave, the samples were full-length recordings (no loop whatsoever) of a real clarinet. I can't change anything to the fact that the clarinetplayer did everything by the book.

Those small fast notes were there actually (which was a special seperate sample for that purpose), but was burried alive by the flute and the mix. At a certain stage you're like "ahwell... f*ck it", and then you release it Smile

however, these things are exactly why I still use synth-sounds now and then..