Source: Konamito

Tanzania, 27 October 1871. After a cumbersome two year search, New York Herald journalist Henry Morton Stanley finally located the whereabouts of lost explorer Dr. David Livingstone. In the town of Ujiji, he found the legendary missionary, sitting worn-out and paled amidst the native people. As the story goes, Stanley then politely lifted his hat, uttering the now famous words "Dr. Livingstone, I presume?", to which Livingstone replied, "Yes, and I feel thankful that I am here to welcome you."

Only 115 years later, Spanish developer Opera Soft based an adventure game upon this historical event, which also spawned versions on Commodore 64, ZX Spectrum and MSX2, as well as a sequel. Today, almost another two decades further, a user of the Nintendo DS community decided to create a homebrew port of this vintage game, which as of now can be downloaded for free. Check out the NDS SceneBeta site for more information and also some YouTube footage.

Relevant link: NDS SceneBeta

By JohnHassink

Ambassador (5540)

JohnHassink's picture

22-07-2011, 00:46

Damn bird kept grabbing me and bringing me to its stupid nest.
Pretty good game, anyway.

By MäSäXi

MäSäXi's picture

22-07-2011, 09:40

Great news, so MSX version didn´t exist at all. Question Tongue

As MSX.org doesn´t want to mention that MSX conversion exists, Generation-msx makes sure that it misses mentioning MSX2 conversion on MSX conversion page by the way. ;) :P And MSX2 conversion page misses mentioning about MSX conversion. (and mentions about ZX Spectrum, Amstrad and Commodore 64 conversions are missing too) Is there computer brand war going on in generation-msx? ;)

Yes and Amstrad conversion link is missing from MSX conversion page also. Even Amstrad screenshots and "Amstrad: Graphics 100% - review" were used in backside of the original cassette. ;)

By JohnHassink

Ambassador (5540)

JohnHassink's picture

22-07-2011, 14:51

oO I don't really know what you mean. The link under "an adventure game" redirects to the MSX version.

By FiXato

FiXato's picture

23-07-2011, 08:44

AFAIK the gen-msx conversions list is only meant for conversions (for other systems) on external sites.
Whereas the See Also links are for conversions / related version (on other MSX systems) on gen-msx.

By JohnHassink

Ambassador (5540)

JohnHassink's picture

23-07-2011, 16:49

As MSX.org doesn´t want to mention that MSX conversion exists
No, you don't want to click on links, that's a different thing. Tongue Wink

By MäSäXi

MäSäXi's picture

24-07-2011, 15:24

Oh, to this very day, I always thought MSX as my computer´s name, so my computer´s real name is an adventure game. oO That´s why I didn´t see it mentioned. Tongue

By JohnHassink

Ambassador (5540)

JohnHassink's picture

24-07-2011, 17:35

Yeah yeah, try to wiggle yourself out of it.. Big smile

By MäSäXi

MäSäXi's picture

25-07-2011, 09:35

I will try... but it may take several years ..... Tongue

I am so old-fashioned that I will still use that "MSX" name for my computer even it is wrong name.... Wink

And I cannot understand why MSX2 can have that "MSX" in it´s name, and not been called as an adventure game 2? This isn´t fair!

Wink

By JohnHassink

Ambassador (5540)

JohnHassink's picture

25-07-2011, 15:37

Haha! Big smile It's a bit oldfashioned to call it MSX, indeed. The new MRC site will be called Adventure Game Resource Center. Wink

By MäSäXi

MäSäXi's picture

27-07-2011, 08:11

Antarctic or Penguin Adventure Game Resource Center?

Should there be a flame war to decide which one to choose?

And MSX2´ers of course will not care about MSX game names and will vote for Pentaro Odyssey 1 or 2.

Yes, flame war is needed for this indeed!

Tongue