Snowfall demo by Sjoerd Mastijn

by snout on 18-12-2003, 18:57
Topic: MRC
Tags: Challenges

We have just received the fifth entry to the MRC Snowfall Challenge, created by Sjoerd Mastijn of XL2S Entertainment. In this demo you can control the direction of the windflow, which is a real fun thing to do. (Pun intended). As with all other entries so far the sources are included so people who want to know how all this was done can list and learn. You can download Sjoerds entry here. By the way, the submissions to MRC Challenges are now listed seperately in our downloads database. This way it's easier to find and download all logo and scroll demo's and snowfall demo's we received so far.

Furthermore we have received a package called TZnow from Maso Jose, who earlier submitted the Znow demo. The Tznow demo comes with source code and is intended for beginning ASM coders. By using less sprites than Znow, it becomes a bit easier to understand what's going on. So if you want to win one of these cool prizes, but don't know how to create a snowfall effect? Have a look at the source codes included in the current entries. Don't be shy, all contestants can win a prize! We're looking forward to your submissions.

Relevant link: Snowfall demo by Sjoerd Mastijn

By BiFi

BiFi's picture

18-12-2003, 19:08

Wow, this is a quite nice thing... adding user controled windflow to the snow. I like it very much.

By snout

snout's picture

18-12-2003, 19:36

I just lvoe them controls. Check it out people!

By [WYZ]

[WYZ]'s picture

18-12-2003, 20:50

I never saw the snow before that!

By Ivan

Ivan's picture

18-12-2003, 21:49

Very nice demo!

By sjoerd

Hero (602)

sjoerd's picture

19-12-2003, 11:28

Thanks! I think this is the most complicated way to drop some snow. I like the effect though.

By snout

snout's picture

19-12-2003, 17:40

The demo rules indeed. However, I had expected some realfun music accompanying the demo Tongue

By NYYRIKKI

NYYRIKKI's picture

20-12-2003, 01:49

So faar the best one...

By SolidEric

SolidEric's picture

22-12-2003, 15:13

Great stuff Sjoerd! I love it! (btw I agree with snout abouth the Realfun-music, but this way it's also great) :-)