SD-Snatcher is the best MSX game ever; new poll up

by snout on 27-06-2004, 22:30
Topic: MRC
Tags: Polls

It was a very close call, but after the Best MSX1 game ever, the Best MSX2 game ever and the Most underrated MSX game megapolls we decided the 6 winners of those polls had to compete on a frontpage poll to sort out which MSX game is the very best MSX game ever made once and for all. SD-Snatcher took the lead from the start, but the more votes came in, the closer Metal Gear got to SD-Snatcher. The popularity of Konami's Metal Gear Solid series definitely played a role in this one. In the end, SD-Snatcher managed to win with just 2 votes more than Metal Gear. Here are the full results to the poll:

• 1. SD-Snatcher (23,20%)
  • 2. Metal Gear (22,95%)
  • 3. Mr. Ghost (15,02%)
  • 4. Penguin Adventure (13,68%)
  • 5. Maze of Galious (12,82%)
  • 6. Firehawk (Thexder 2) (12,33%)

A grand total of 819 votes were cast on this poll.

Our new poll is a bit related to the 21st anniversary of MSX. As of today, MSX is 21 years old, but how old were you when you first got an MSX? Let us know by voting on our new poll! Keep in mind that since our recent update only members can cast their votes on a poll. Don't you have an account at the MSX Resource Center yet? join us now!

Relevant link: Best MSX game ever - poll results

By wolf_

Ambassador_ (9813)

wolf_'s picture

27-06-2004, 22:36

It's all a matter of 'when is the poll over' .. if you wait another week MG will be the winner, if you wait another week, SD-natcher wins again .. Smile

But whoever would've won, Hideo is the real winner here ..

27-06-2004, 22:45

I got my first MSX in 1993, but my father bought an MSX when I was 9... I counted that... Is that OK? Smile

BTW: there's no way to comment on a poll at the moment... Another thing for the TODO list ;-)

By snout

snout's picture

27-06-2004, 22:47

Yup you are allowed to vote the age you had when your parents bought an MSX too Wink I changed the poll-description a bit just in case.

Reactions to polls.. hmm... maybe l8r Wink

By ro

Guardian (4180)

ro's picture

28-06-2004, 09:39

huh? yesterday I checked and MetalGear was gaining with 8 votes ABOVE SD-S!! what up with that... well. glad this poll turned like every one thought it would... SD rules (ok. MG too)

By cax

cax's picture

28-06-2004, 10:20

I knew you will wait until SD-S leads again and will end the poll the same moment it happens !
It's not fair, but I don't care - I voted for SD-S myself, he he.

By Grauw

Grauw's picture

28-06-2004, 20:58

Twas a Stupid Poll.

I didn't want to vote for SD Snatcher, but really the other games although cool didn't stand much of a chance. My guess is that many felt like me (but instead they did not vote for SD Snatcher after all, yes, sorry, I am lame).

I mean, yeah, Mr. Ghost is a cool game. But compared to SD Snatcher? Pft... And Metal Gear??? Tsk! Metal Gear 2, yes, that is a very cool game. Battle between that one and SD-S is a fair one. Metal Gear 1 though...

~Grauw

By Maggoo

Maggoo's picture

28-06-2004, 23:45

What always amazed me about the first Metal Gear is how the F*** did they manage to make all of it fit in just 128KB (Map/GFX/Code/Music/Text) ???

Mucho respect to Konami for this !

By BiFi

BiFi's picture

29-06-2004, 07:17

I wonder if someone in particular still had to fraude the poll to this score. Wink

By snout

snout's picture

29-06-2004, 14:12

Sigh, BiFi, after nearly 10 years of MRC you still think we are manually changing the results of polls to make them fit our needs? We have more important things to do, thank you. We always start a new poll when we feel it's time for a new poll. It was the 21st anniversary of MSX and we thought 'lets do something with that!'. That's all.

Either way, as SD-Snatcher took a huge lead from the start and had already beaten Metal Gear in the Best MSX2 game ever megapoll I think no one can call these results unfair. Same goes for the 6 games that were selected to run for 'Best MSX game ever', they were the combination of previous megapolls and thus selected by all the visitors of the MRC. Just because your opinion differs from the results, doesn't mean the poll sucks, does it? Tongue

By Latok

msx guru (3765)

Latok's picture

29-06-2004, 14:30

Someone in particular. Tsk, tsk Wink

By BiFi

BiFi's picture

29-06-2004, 16:10

snout: no, but there was someone who told me he was going to fraud the poll if SD-Snatcher wouldn't win. Wink

By ro

Guardian (4180)

ro's picture

30-06-2004, 09:59

so euh, snout my man, wouldn't this be the time to include start en end dates on a poll? so we know it'll be a fair one and so on. oh well. athletic land still beats the crap out of SD Tongue