Best MSX1 game ever [round 6]

by snout on 14-05-2003, 00:13
Topic: MRC
Tags: Polls

Only a few more rounds to go until our first mega-poll comes to an end. After five rounds of voting only twelve games are running for the prestigious title of 'Best MSX1 game ever'. The lucky games are:

• Eggerland 2
  • F1 Spirit
  • Hydlide 3
  • King's valley 2
  • Knightmare
  • Maze of Galious
  • Nemesis 1
  • Nemesis 2
  • Nemesis 3
  • Penguin adventure
  • Road fighter
  • Zanac

As you can see it's 9 Konami games versus 3 non-Konami games. Furthermore it's interesting to see that the entire Nemesis saga (Gradius, if you like) made it through to round number 5. Salamander and Parodius did not make it to this round, however.

If you want to have a say in which game is the very best of them all, check out the mega-poll voting system and cast your votes within the next 4 days.

Relevant link: Best MSX1 game ever [round 6]

By karloch

karloch's picture

14-05-2003, 00:44

Arghhh!! How could not be Salamander in there!! It's have multiplayer capabilities that makes superior to the other titles of the Nemesis Saga (all right, all of them are wonderful games... but Salamander with two players....)....

By snout

snout's picture

14-05-2003, 00:47

did you cast your votes every round, Karloch? Tongue

By karloch

karloch's picture

14-05-2003, 13:38

Ehhh.... ajem....I didn't ^^U

By BiFi

BiFi's picture

14-05-2003, 14:12

For the record: NOT the entire Nemesis saga, since Salamander DOES belong to it (officially)... Parodius doesn't fit in the Nemesis saga except for the gameplay. The storyline is 100% different from Nemesis.

By snout

snout's picture

14-05-2003, 14:12

BiFi - made it through to round 5. We're in round 6 now Tongue

By karloch

karloch's picture

14-05-2003, 19:51

Ey, I already know that Salamander belongs to Nemesis saga, in fact, if you don't have Nemesis 2 at slot 2 when you finish it, you will see the resurruction of Venom and all your efforts setting up the crush blow system were for nothing x_x

By snout

snout's picture

14-05-2003, 19:59

hehehe yeah that was a very funny discovery (not Tongue)

By karloch

karloch's picture

14-05-2003, 22:50

I'm still trying to get the good ending using Salamander + Nemesis 2 and fighting Venom... I'll record into a AVI when I get it xD

By BiFi

BiFi's picture

15-05-2003, 19:09

Snout, I wasn't talking about rounds and stuff, just some facts about Konami titles and saga's...

By anonymous

incognito ergo sum (116)

anonymous's picture

15-05-2003, 21:21

No you weren't, you were correcting him. It's okay to admit a mistake when you make one, you know...

By anonymous

incognito ergo sum (116)

anonymous's picture

15-05-2003, 21:21

Or maybe not Tongue

By karloch

karloch's picture

16-05-2003, 12:29

Ey guys, what's the matter? I already know that Salamander is part of the Nemesis saga! I think that this has been a misunderstanding xD

By BiFi

BiFi's picture

17-05-2003, 09:55

In the newpost snout kinda stated Salamander NOT being in the Nemesis saga, but I'm prolly talking to thin air or something. Wink

By snout

snout's picture

17-05-2003, 18:10

ok, BiFi to clear things up I quote myself once again

BiFi - made it through to round 5. We're in round 6 now Tongue