Best MSX Game song ever [PSG listening week]

by snout on 06-08-2003, 01:09
Topic: MRC
Tags: Polls

When we started our Best MSX Game song ever mega-poll we received a huge amount of nominations. We decided to split up the poll in 3 sections: PSG songs, FM-PAC songs and SCC songs. Right now you can listen to all the nominated PSG songs on MSX Radio. This way you have the opportunity to listen to all the songs before the first round of voting starts, exactly a week from now. During the voting period there will still be regularly scheduled broadcasts of the nominated PSG songs. For now, the songs will be played 24 hours a day. If you want to listen to all the songs at once: the playlist lasts for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Anything related to this mega-poll can be discussed here

Relevant link: MSX Radio - Best PSG songs nominees

anonymous's picture

06-08-2003, 02:24

It is Smile

By BiFi

BiFi's picture

06-08-2003, 07:43

And he even didn't change the name of the 'station' for the duration Wink

By ro

Guardian (4118)

ro's picture

06-08-2003, 11:52

darn, I get errors all over me. ***** that shit, been having troubles with by darn PC last few weeks. Did a few recoveries allready.. Everytime something else crasches. I just hate these machines, but gotta live with it. (if ya can't beat'm...)

anyway. Is there a bit of space to DL the tracks? Works better anyway.
cheers.

By snout

snout's picture

06-08-2003, 12:03

Radio = legal
MP3 = not so legal

Smile

By ro

Guardian (4118)

ro's picture

06-08-2003, 12:23

ahum, I hope you might wanna reconsider that last message snout.
there should be nothing illegal about mp3.
AND I can listen to it any time I want instead of teh broadcast, which might be to slow and to expensive to listen to (for sum ppl atleast)

would it not be funny to have a lib. like that anyway? heh, cool.

well, gotta go back to my archive job again... been archiving about 150 disks now.. gheh. nice job. sigh

By Omega

Master (213)

Omega's picture

06-08-2003, 19:09

Ro, I think you should check your PC hardware for defects :-)

BTW. The broadcast IS legal under USA law. That means, DMCA and so on, since it's hosted in USA. They pay fees to the proper organisations for that (and I pay a monthly fee for the service).

Technically I can't put the mp3's up for download somewhere, I'd be violating the rules there..

By snout

snout's picture

06-08-2003, 19:12

like I said. Broadcast = legal. MP3 = not so legal. Smile

By ro

Guardian (4118)

ro's picture

07-08-2003, 01:07

again, snout, this should not fit the GENERAL statement. IF live365 payes royal fees, hell it's ok. So is mp3. It's a matter of paying for legal matter.

but what the hell. I got loads of discz here with illegal softs.. and am able to check the tunes. heh.
what about that eh!?
never mind.
ro
(ps. my machine (PC) is a little buger allright. but I can live with it)

By snout

snout's picture

07-08-2003, 08:41

The difference is that if we, MSX Resource Center Foundation, would put up such downloads it could get us in big trouble. It probably will.

By wolf_

Ambassador_ (9769)

wolf_'s picture

07-08-2003, 15:57

Exactly what is illegal? the exploitation of the 'music' or the exploitation of an mp3 file?

If it's because of the mp3/frauenhofer stuff, why not OGG instead?

By snout

snout's picture

07-08-2003, 21:53

the exploitation of the music

By ro

Guardian (4118)

ro's picture

08-08-2003, 11:10

and streaming them isn't?

By snout

snout's picture

08-08-2003, 11:38

No, because Live365 pays royalties for every song they play.

By ro

Guardian (4118)

ro's picture

08-08-2003, 11:57

Yeah, u mentioned that. But urhm, royalties to who? I do question if royalties are payed to gamehouses from the past.

By snout

snout's picture

08-08-2003, 12:17

That depends whether the gamehouse has correctly registered the songs. On dutch radio this system works perfectly well as long as the recording artists submitted all information needed to the SENA.

And even if they do not receive the royalties right now, they can claim them anytime they want. In the NL these claims are valid for 6 years IIRC.

By wolf_

Ambassador_ (9769)

wolf_'s picture

13-08-2003, 10:45

sena ??? are you sure ?

iirc, the sena is about instrument players, and buma/stemra about royalties for radio/tv/cd/dvd etc.

if you're for example a violinplayer, and you're hired for a project, AND you're a registered sena member, then you should get $ from sena.. but iirc this has not much to do with the royalties the composer gets when some tune is played on radio ..

I don't work with that sena stuff anyway, I phoned them once, and they said something really dumb, that clearly marked them as a bunch o' dumbasses.

By snout

snout's picture

13-08-2003, 18:55

When you worked as a (session) musician for a record, the hours you worked in the studio are kept by SENA. If the song you played on is broadcast on radio, the SENA calculates which part of the royalties is yours.