MSX Computer Magazine online - update

by wolf_ on 26-06-2011, 21:36
Topic: Media

Dutch readers, especially those who lack early issues of MSX Computer Magazine in their collection, will be delighted to know that some of the really old issues have finally been put online. This is a fairly large project, so it's not complete yet. It's not just about scanning the lot, it's also about acquiring permission to publish these old articles. Not every author has been found yet. But without doubt, other magazines are to be expected online too.

The magazines that are already online right now are complete, including commercial advertisements and the MSX-jes section; the 1985 paper version of eBay, so to speak. You may safely assume that these goods have been sold or demolished by now, in case you thought to have a drunk night o' fun calling those people! For now, have fun reading these PDF files, it's deeply rooted Dutch MSX history!

Relevant link: MSX Computer Magazine online

By Latok

msx guru (3641)

Latok's picture

26-06-2011, 21:49

Great news Smile Thank you to everyone involved Smile

By Whizzy

Master (197)

Whizzy's picture

26-06-2011, 22:44

Congrats with going online. Must be a hard job finding and contacting original authors.. good luck with the rest of the magazines.

By Edwin

Edwin's picture

26-06-2011, 22:53

Nice! I never actually read issues 1 through 5.

By RobertVroemisse

RobertVroemisse's picture

26-06-2011, 23:00

Great!

A true trip through memory lane. Keep up the good work.

By kuuno

Master (231)

kuuno's picture

26-06-2011, 23:18

how cool Wink ideal reading material for on the ipad Smile

By ro

Guardian (4086)

ro's picture

27-06-2011, 08:30

FAB! sniff...

By Huey

Huey's picture

27-06-2011, 08:53

And I thought I would never hear about the project again!

Great work! Hope to see more in the future. It is pure nostalgia without the bad smell of a former smoking ownerSadSadCrazyCrazy

By wolf_

Ambassador_ (9760)

wolf_'s picture

27-06-2011, 11:53

Isn't #48 smoking hot then? Running Naked in a Field of Flowers

By Huey

Huey's picture

27-06-2011, 12:42

I just love the gossip part in MCM 4 about MSXgids.

27-06-2011, 16:03

Interesting about that gossip is that, as far as I know, Steven Vanhetgoor never did something with "MSX Gids", but he did take over "MSX Mozaik" at some (much later) point.

By kuuno

Master (231)

kuuno's picture

27-06-2011, 18:16

What I found so wondrous is that in 1985 everybody expected that the MSX 2 would be 16 bit...
What happened about it... Or was it pure speculation??

By wolf_

Ambassador_ (9760)

wolf_'s picture

27-06-2011, 19:10

probably based on similar developments on other systems

By FiXato

FiXato's picture

28-06-2011, 14:41

The OCR is remarkably good o_o hadn't expected that.
Congrats on (re-)publishing these first issues Big smile and thanks for making the effort!

By edoz

edoz's picture

28-06-2011, 18:25

Whow!! realy cool ! also cool that you can search for text .. snif .. this is a good day WinkLOL!LOL!

By tfh

tfh's picture

28-06-2011, 22:17

Having phun, reading those old mags... nostalgia rules Smile
Also nice to read what the letters "MSX" actually stand for, before Nishi decided to falsify history Smile It's explained a couple of times in the first issue already Wink

By NYYRIKKI

NYYRIKKI's picture

29-06-2011, 20:02

Is there any tool that would translate these PDF-files to English?

By Grauw

Grauw's picture

03-07-2011, 17:05

Awesome, super awesome!

Only one downside: my mother’s always nagging me about why I don’t throw away those magazines I keep in my old room. I claim that I keep them for archival purposes, but now can I still honestly say that… hehe Smile.