Xak 2 maps by Meits

Xak 2 maps by Meits

by Jorito on 28-06-2015, 15:05
Topic: Software

MRC member Meits spent two weeks creating maps for Xak 2. He created 6 enormous PNG files that gives you an overview of all the places in Xak 2, as well as an overview of all the important characters you can find there.

The maps were added to the MRC downloads database. Meits hopes people have enough RAM to load the maps, as the largest one is a whopping 18MB!

Relevant link: Xak 2 maps by Meits

By Meits

Meits's picture

28-06-2015, 20:31

Hmm... Funny thing... I see this red door on the first floor of the castle when you enter it... I've not been through it...

By Poltergeist

Poltergeist's picture

28-06-2015, 22:49

A lot of work, I presume... Never played the game, to be honest. Funny that all filenames are in dutch, but most texts in the first file are in english (except for de kerk...)

By Meits

Meits's picture

28-06-2015, 23:45

de kerk was translated that way by oasis Smile

By MP83

Master (194)

MP83's picture

29-06-2015, 06:30

Great work on the maps, Meits. Smile So, is there any legit way to reach the room with 4 chests in the ice caverns? I personally doubt it. I have only managed to do that in debug mode. The chest in there that claims to have Gemil Potions inside, actually has Astral Rings again.

By Randam

Randam's picture

29-06-2015, 07:30

The only "legit" way is by making a bad disk image and enter the door up to start exploring there. You'll get warped to the room as part of the copy protection.

Very nice work Meits!! I think the red door you speak of can't really open.

By AxelStone

AxelStone's picture

29-06-2015, 17:30

Really a huge job, thanks a lot LOL! LOL!

By Sandy Brand

Master (160)

Sandy Brand's picture

29-06-2015, 21:45

Damn that must have been a lot of work! Looks great! Smile

By fernando.collazo.5682

Master (240)

fernando.collazo.5682's picture

29-06-2015, 23:43

I´ll play the game again, now with these awesome maps. Thanks a lot.

By SkyeWelse

SkyeWelse's picture

30-06-2015, 05:01

Amazing work! Great job with this Meits! Also glad to know about that room with the four chests. I guess that's Microcabin's funny way of seeing who pirated their game:

"Hey anyone know how to get out of the room with the four chests? I got this ring and I don't know what do with it!"

-Thomas

By JohnHassink

Ambassador (5422)

JohnHassink's picture

01-07-2015, 01:17

That's an interesting theory SkyeWelse. Smile But as you probably know, in Tower of Gazzel, there's a ring which you receive after solving a puzzle, which has no use at all in the game. Maybe it's just another loose end.

By Randam

Randam's picture

01-07-2015, 19:23

Those items in the room with the four chests are plain items you can simply buy in Banuwa. So there is no loose end with those boxes. If I remember correctly from WAY back if you go through the door the screen flashes similarly to when the screen flashes when you try to enter the church on a bad disk (image). When I made a slightly updated version patch ages ago I think I saw a list of items that was far longer than just the ones used (without names). Perhaps some of that is still somewhere in the game but I didn't investigate further back then. Unused items wouldn't be the first time.

Are you sure the ring in ToG has no purpose? I think you are talking about the ring in the "circle of fire", but can't for the life of me remember if and what it did. I do know that it's optional to solve that puzzle. But perhaps the use of it was lost in the Oasis translation. Been too long since I played ToG, but kinda dangerous to go play it Smile

By JohnHassink

Ambassador (5422)

JohnHassink's picture

01-07-2015, 20:28

Randam wrote:

Yes, I am, and I have never found any use for it in the game. Smile

By Tolvatar