SofaRun v2.0 bug report thread

Page 40/41
33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | | 41

By Louthrax

Prophet (2435)

Louthrax's picture

18-09-2022, 11:33

hando wrote:

I am enjoying using Sofarun.
I have one question.
The game I'm trying to play is ROM data.
It saves to a floppy disk.
It would be no problem if I had a real machine, but my desk space is getting smaller.
I use the SX-1mini+ as my main MSX.
I play most of my games on Sofarun, but for this game
I need to start rom with the disk mounted for saving.

Ok, late answer here, but yes, when you launch a ROM with SofaRun, the disk driver is enabled, so you should be able to load / save files directly on your SD Card. Let me know if it does not work.

By Retrofan

Paragon (1338)

Retrofan's picture

18-09-2022, 14:30

When using yenslash SR still displays the yen sign within pathnames. Can you add support for yenslash please? With this little program the yen sign will be replaced with the slash sign on Japanese MSX computers. It's not a bug, but a kind request ;)

By shalafi

Expert (119)

shalafi's picture

18-09-2022, 15:11

https://photos.app.goo.gl/U6uXPhA7EHSAdziu6
This was trying to get one of Konami's games, I tried many roms, including my own, and I couldn't get any of them to work.

I'm happy to try any rom and post the result in here.

By sdsnatcher73

Prophet (3809)

sdsnatcher73's picture

18-09-2022, 15:36

@shalafi: Which game was that?

By shalafi

Expert (119)

shalafi's picture

18-09-2022, 17:27

I think it was Pippols, but in fairness I tried a lot of ROMs

Maybe a video would be helpful.

By Louthrax

Prophet (2435)

Louthrax's picture

18-09-2022, 18:58

Ok, I think it can be either a hardware problem with the MegaFlashROM or some corrupted settings in SofaRun.

Could you try to delete your SR.SST file (that file contains the SofaRun default settings, these settings are applied to all ROMs and disks, maybe they are corrupted), and then try to relaunch ROMs ?

By Louthrax

Prophet (2435)

Louthrax's picture

18-09-2022, 19:16

Retrofan wrote:

When using yenslash SR still displays the yen sign within pathnames. Can you add support for yenslash please? With this little program the yen sign will be replaced with the slash sign on Japanese MSX computers. It's not a bug, but a kind request ;)

Could you try to launch the YenSlash tool with "yenslash on" (instead of "yenslash" alone) ?
Note: that might only work on turboR machines.

By shalafi

Expert (119)

shalafi's picture

18-09-2022, 21:15

Louthrax wrote:

Ok, I think it can be either a hardware problem with the MegaFlashROM or some corrupted settings in SofaRun.

Could you try to delete your SR.SST file (that file contains the SofaRun default settings, these settings are applied to all ROMs and disks, maybe they are corrupted), and then try to relaunch ROMs ?

I'll try that, thanks

By Retrofan

Paragon (1338)

Retrofan's picture

19-09-2022, 09:50

Louthrax wrote:

Could you try to launch the YenSlash tool with "yenslash on" (instead of "yenslash" alone) ?
Note: that might only work on turboR machines.

Yes, "yenslash on" works only on ESE3 and MSX turbo R (I checked the file with a hex editor). On other Japanese computers it gives an error on MSX-DOS2: *** Piping error: Invalid process id and then the computer hangs. However, just yenslash works, but it isn't persistent.

By Retrofan

Paragon (1338)

Retrofan's picture

19-09-2022, 09:52

I also tried NestorAcentosfrom Konamiman and SR does now show the slash sign instead of the yen sign on my Japanese MSX! However, I don't know if all software will work the same way with NestorAcentos installed. Anyway, I like the new font of NestorAcentos!

Page 40/41
33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | | 41