Bobble Bubble enhanced

Page 3/10
1 | 2 | | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

By KdL

Paragon (1387)

KdL's picture

12-10-2017, 00:59

gdx wrote:

The best seems to replace 7B by FB at 422Fh and F0 E0 04 by F8 F8 04 at 423Bh.

Hi gdx, the data F8 F8 04 at 423Bh are not perfect on the tail...
The standby and running frames are shared !!

Seeing that the right position is ok, I think you can compare all the sprite positions and fix it:
4200h (01h 03h 00h 00h ...) for to the LEFT
4600h (00h 01h 1Eh 0Ch ...) for to the RIGHT

Do you see the symmetry in the first 16 bytes?

By gdx

Enlighted (4498)

gdx's picture

12-10-2017, 01:15

As the sprite is like this:

OK, the problem is the foot is too long a pixel and the wing which exceeds

By KdL

Paragon (1387)

KdL's picture

12-10-2017, 01:16

the frame you indicated is shared to this:

the tail will be partially empty if you use F8 F8 04

By gdx

Enlighted (4498)

gdx's picture

12-10-2017, 02:03

The problem is on other sprites now.

By KdL

Paragon (1387)

KdL's picture

12-10-2017, 02:53

yep, you are right ... sure that in this game all the sprites are in very bad conditions! Tongue

By gdx

Enlighted (4498)

gdx's picture

12-10-2017, 02:51

I think it's OK now if we replace (on original Rom of course):

80 C0 by 08 18 at 41DBh
78 38 by F0 E0 at 421Bh
7B by FB at 422Fh
F0 E0 by F8 F8 at 423Bh.

I would post the new patches after confirmation.

By KdL

Paragon (1387)

KdL's picture

12-10-2017, 03:19

I'm sorry I think the foot is not ok yet (tested at 50% of speed with blueMSX).

I go to sleep now! Wink

By KdL

Paragon (1387)

KdL's picture

12-10-2017, 05:27

Hey gdx, it's hard to sleep eheh...

I've discovered now that the sprite tables of the original ROM are ok and perfectly symmetrical.
The real problem is left routine that it works with a corrupted index of the sprites (both pattern+color).

Check with this test:
- inside the original ROM exchange these two entire tables 4000h-43FFh (dragon-left) with 4400h-47FFh (dragon-right).

Results:
- the left routine goes with the dragon-right table but the bugs have been reversed. ;-)

http://gnogni.altervista.org/temp/bubtest1.zip <-- 'bubtest1' aka Moonwalker BB! (temp file)

By gdx

Enlighted (4498)

gdx's picture

12-10-2017, 08:25

This time I took the time to make screenshots to compare. We had confused two sprites. The first modification was good although incomplete. So there is little data to change. If we replace sprites data as below:

7B by FB at 422Fh
F0 E0 04 by F8 F8 06 at 423Bh

We get this:

I can get proper screenshots as your but it's enough to see that it looks ok now.

By KdL

Paragon (1387)

KdL's picture

12-10-2017, 13:18

yes ok, in 1col/3line the problem is the foot is too long a pixel again...

but this is not a good patch method because the pattern table of the original rom is ok!
if you want to fix all the sprites in a time you should repair the routine of movements and not to modify the pattern table

to fix the index of sprites is better and elegant solution for me.......

Page 3/10
1 | 2 | | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8