MSX3 is already available!

Page 5/6
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | | 6

By anonymous

incognito ergo sum (116)

anonymous's picture

27-10-2015, 14:06

Lord_Zett wrote:

Wrong

What's wrong, and why?

By Lord_Zett

Paladin (807)

Lord_Zett's picture

27-10-2015, 14:09

By anonymous

incognito ergo sum (116)

anonymous's picture

27-10-2015, 14:13

I've seen the licensing certificate. So? What does that have to do with what I said?

By Lord_Zett

Paladin (807)

Lord_Zett's picture

27-10-2015, 14:27

read.

else read:

http://www.msxarchive.nl/pub/msx/mirrors/hanso/hwdoityoursel...

really clear..

but read

even i can do it

By anonymous

incognito ergo sum (116)

anonymous's picture

27-10-2015, 14:36

Lord_Zett wrote:

read.

else read:

http://www.msxarchive.nl/pub/msx/mirrors/hanso/hwdoityoursel...

really clear..

but read

even i can do it

Ok, so I was wrong, and the copyright of the MSX BIOS used to belong to ASCII, so it's now an asset of the MSX Licensing Corporation.

And now that's out of the way, this is how this conversation should have happened:

Me: "Microsoft still owns the copyright of the MSX-BASIC interpreter and probably (correct me if I'm wrong) the MSX BIOS."
You: "No, ASCII used to own the copyright of the MSX BIOS."
Me: "Oh, I was wrong about that. Thanks."

See how easy it was? If it had happened that way I would have been happy you corrected me. Instead, you chose to act like a kindergartener and my impression of you isn't as good as it could have been.

By anonymous

incognito ergo sum (116)

anonymous's picture

27-10-2015, 14:37

Lord_Zett wrote:

even i can do it

…plus, the licensing certificate STILL didn't have anything to do with it.

By mars2000you

Enlighted (5916)

mars2000you's picture

27-10-2015, 14:54

JaviLM wrote:
enribar wrote:

... only one point: wasn't the screen 9 reserved to Korean fonts?

Yes. That's why Korean machines are the only ones using SCREEN 9.

It's explained (in just a couple sentences) in the MSX-Datapack, Volume 1, page 587:

"SCREEN 9 is used in Korean MSX machines to display Hangul characters. Because of this, it's not used in Japanese MSX computers."

But since version developed by Korean MSX fan Plaire, SCREEN 9 can also be used on non-Korean MSX2 (and higher) computers, including therefore the Japanese MSX2 (and higher) computers.

By Lord_Zett

Paladin (807)

Lord_Zett's picture

27-10-2015, 21:12

owww so....

again. who owned ascii?
....................(put the aswere on the dots)

Who ownes msx lc?
.......................

SO who took the msx(c) with him?
..............................

and yes basic is still under copyright of microsoft. I hope the will let it go soon... so we can make a new version for all ar msxc hardware projects.

By anonymous

incognito ergo sum (116)

anonymous's picture

27-10-2015, 23:59

Lord_Zett wrote:

owww so....

again. who owned ascii?
....................(put the aswere on the dots)

Who ownes msx lc?
.......................

SO who took the msx(c) with him?
..............................

Dude, calm down. Let's use a bit of logic here:

1) The question in point was who owned the MSX-BASIC interpreter and the MSX BIOS.
2) The licensing certificate says that AGE Labs has a license to use, distribute and modify some assets owned by the MSX Licensing Corporation.
3) The licensing certificate doesn't say anything about whether the MSX Licensing Corporation owns the MSX-BASIC interpreter or the MSX BIOS.
4) Therefore, the license certificate is irrelevant to this point.

On the other hand, if you think you know more than I do about Mr. Nishi, ASCII Corporation or the MSX Association then you're wrong.

By Josb

Master (204)

Josb's picture

02-11-2015, 19:46

I would like to see real hardware because it's an interesting project.

Talking about improvements, I would add an enhanced basic, for instance, Microsoft devoloped Qbasic which was able to run GWBasic programs , so, why couldn't we make another MSX-Qbasic? I don't know how so-called MSX-Basic 5 works but if developers are adding functions for the extra hardware as new screens or so, it will be interesting to create a basic without number of lines and adding 'subs' and 'functions' which are basically a bit better classic 'gosubs'

Apart from that, I would also add firmware to make software upgrades easier

I wish this one becomes true some day Big smile

Page 5/6
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | | 6