MSX Windows 2000

Page 6/6
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |

By anonymous

incognito ergo sum (116)

anonymous's picture

23-03-2004, 13:31

Google for 'wild' and 'fudebrowser', it's actually already been done.

As for the colors on this site, take away the top-bar and this site only uses 11 colors. The top-bar can just be dithered with the remaining colors, and there should be some left for cursor and menu's and what have you...

By Sonic_aka_T

Enlighted (4130)

Sonic_aka_T's picture

24-03-2004, 00:20

Yeah, but I think that one needs a PC to decode the data... Well, I *think* at least... It's the Uzix thing, right?

By anonymous

incognito ergo sum (116)

anonymous's picture

24-03-2004, 00:30

The browser is on Uzix indeed. It doesn't read HTML directly, but it reads data provided by a so-called WILD-proxy. The proxy translates the HTML into a format more suitable for MSX, just like your proposal. The only difference is WILD is a proxy so page designers don't need to know anything about the special format and your idea requires every page to provide a special MSX browsable version.

By flyguille

Prophet (3028)

flyguille's picture

24-03-2004, 02:16

i not test the MSX win bogus OS yet... but as ppl toldme is very slow and need a TR machine for a decent speed...

well... my mnbios run fast enought on a 3.58mhz msx2..... i only can imagine the amazing speed that will got running on a TR...

if MNBIOS printing chrs one by one fill a 60x15 window in 2 or 3 seconds... sure is able of fill the same window in 1 second....

IF you want test if this is true... just download the DEMO version and type "FCB" several times.... or type "TYPE M:MSXCOMMAND.EXEC" or "TYPE M:MSXCOMMAND.EXEC /b" remember that emulate a normal MSX2...

www.mnbios.com.ar

On other hand is a "close to finish" develop and only are waiting to the developers for get drivers... like a OBJECT ORIENTED DRIVER LIBRARY or anything you want...

By Sonic_aka_T

Enlighted (4130)

Sonic_aka_T's picture

24-03-2004, 12:24

The proxy translates the HTML into a format more suitable for MSX, just like your proposal.

Actually, what I suggested is the opposite: Make some new HTML tags specificly for MSX computers. I know this sounds like a drag, but let's face it. You can have a Cray Super Computer (Do those still exist? I bet they're lame as fuck nowadays) do a complete rendering of the average website and it would still look like crap.

What I'm suggesting, is that apart from having normal web-sites, maybe it'd be nice to have advanced web-sites, capable of providing MSX-specific content. I know this will sound as a very bad idea to most of you, but it's realistically the only way you're every gonna get any kind of (not text only) website on your MSX screen.

Ofcourse I don't know what the whole purpose is if going onto the www with your lame-ass-8bitter, but people seem to want it...

By anonymous

incognito ergo sum (116)

anonymous's picture

24-03-2004, 13:46

I'm well aware of that! If you had qouted (read?!) the sentence that followed the one you qouted:
"The only difference is WILD is a proxy so page designers don't need to know anything about the special format and your idea requires every page to provide a special MSX browsable version."

I know this will sound as a very bad idea to most of you, but it's realistically the only way you're every gonna get any kind of (not text only) website on your MSX screen
FudebrowZer already REALISTICALLY shows any kind of (not text only) website on your MSX screen.

I'm not saying I like the FudebrowZer idea, but you act like it doesn't exist or doesn't work.

Page 6/6
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |