Dsk2ROM encoded ROM issues on Turbo-R ST with 512k and MegaFlashROM SCC

By TheRogue

Expert (116)

TheRogue's picture

17-10-2009, 07:43

I seem to be having an issue with dome DSK2ROM encoded ROMs on my Turbo-R. I will flash the ROM (i.e. Cytron) to my MegaFlashROM SCC 512k, but the game will move way too fast. I think the computer is not switching out of R800 mode before loading the rom. On some games this is a plus, for example Ys scrolls smoothly if run from the flash cart, but Cytron doesn't work at all, and I can't get it to run off any of my floppy emulators either. Is there some way I can force Z-80 mode on bootup?

Login or register to post comments

By kwilting

Expert (80)

kwilting's picture

17-10-2009, 09:24

Have you tried starting up the Turbo-R while pressing down the number 1 key ? This will make it run in 'z80' mode in stead of the R800.

By Manuel

Ascended (18162)

Manuel's picture

18-10-2009, 01:01

I got Cytron working once, but I forgot how... I think the problem is that the version from the MCCM cd just doesn't work.

By TheRogue

Expert (116)

TheRogue's picture

18-10-2009, 20:34

My copy works if you boot from cd, but once it's been turned into a ROM it no longer works. Holding down 1 during startup fixes the slowdown, but once I select new game I just get a blank screen. It's not that important, it's just one game. Thanks for the tip on making the computer boot in z80 mode. I looked all over the place for that information and no one seemed to have it. Thanks again