Christmas quiz 2020

Page 4/37
1 | 2 | 3 | | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9

By FiXato

Scribe (1683)

FiXato's picture

03-12-2020, 14:46

Finally found the thread that shows the computer!
Man, that took longer than I'd like to admit, but my sleuthing and google-fu came to the rescue Hannibal

By Briqunullus

Champion (267)

Briqunullus's picture

03-12-2020, 18:24

Yeah I tried all the tricks from the book, and some others too. It didn't work. And then I pulled out my lucky rabbit's foot and I got it. Phew.

By defdanny

Master (206)

defdanny's picture

03-12-2020, 21:32

I have no clue at all.... what is that, an MSX with CD-Rom? DVD? Sadly, I do not have a good overview of all MSX models, namely the MSX2/MSX2+ models ... or is it a trap? An old DVD-Player, with a SONY TV on top and a fake MSX keyboard? Question

By tfh

Prophet (2619)

tfh's picture

03-12-2020, 22:07

defdanny wrote:

I have no clue at all.... what is that, an MSX with CD-Rom? DVD? Sadly, I do not have a good overview of all MSX models, namely the MSX2/MSX2+ models ... or is it a trap? An old DVD-Player, with a SONY TV on top and a fake MSX keyboard? Question

That is actually a B&O DVD player with a Deawoo keyboard & Sony monitor. That is what I was able to find out. Also found the rest of these photo's, so I also have a good idea who made the post on this forum. But, it's to much hassle to find the post for me.

By Meits

Scribe (6142)

Meits's picture

03-12-2020, 23:20

it sucks that we admins have no better search options than the rest of the visitors... i'm falling behind this way Big smile

By defdanny

Master (206)

defdanny's picture

03-12-2020, 23:33

thank you for sharing your findings, Arnaud!

By FiXato

Scribe (1683)

FiXato's picture

04-12-2020, 04:44

For me the trick was doing a site:msx.org/forum google search with the date of the results restricted to after the date of the photograph. Smile
and taking into account the user who made the picture. Wink

Was a bit surprised though I was unable to find the post with mrc's own search, but I have the feeling that the author filter only filters based on topic starter, and not repliers.

By hamlet

Scribe (3414)

hamlet's picture

04-12-2020, 07:04

Two topics are polluted by this fake computer. Wink

Basically, the photo was designed for an April Fool's joke, which unfortunately did not work out.

So our today's hitlist is:

Briqunullus    I-I
ray2day        I--
Meits          I--   
dan            III
FiXato         I-I
Golnebo        I-I
tfh            I--
sdsnatcher73   I--
defdanny       I--
Jipe           II-
Bas040         I--

"I" means one right answer, "-" a wrong or no answer.
If I have forgotten one participant, please let me know.

By hamlet

Scribe (3414)

hamlet's picture

04-12-2020, 07:09

Today you have the luck to be served another puzzle prepared by me, tomorrow it will be much harder, the first guest quest awaits you.
But now to the relaxed part:
What is this cartridge?

You can simply - you guessed it - send the answer to
dieantwoord@gmx.net

By defdanny

Master (206)

defdanny's picture

04-12-2020, 16:49

Ok, feels like I have read throguh the complete hardware section of the msx.org wiki for the last hours...
you should recognize more traffic in your accesslogs. ;-D
At least I learned a lot about the numerous hardware extensions that exist for MSX.

Page 4/37
1 | 2 | 3 | | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9