22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34

By hamlet

Scribe (3628)

hamlet's picture

22-12-2020, 06:38

Day 22 and 23
I will hand the mic to ren:

ren wrote:

Can you figure out from which games these sounds are from?
Arnold would like to have some fun with you! Big smile

Hints
You're allowed 2 hints. You can request them in the Xmas thread here on the forum. The links to the additional soundbites will be published the next day.

Cue sheet
For ease of listening / tracking, a cue sheet is embedded. Foobar2000 among others support those.

Have fun!

Relevant link:
Download the MP3 file to gain that quiz

By ren

Paragon (1858)

ren's picture

22-12-2020, 11:35

Thanks hamlet Wink

Now, who already got a listen last evening/night when it accidentally got published early (by me replying on the hidden download... Tongue)?? Evil Murdoch

edit: Hmm... I can't download the file by regular means (e.g. rmb > Save File As) (FF), more people experiencing this? (Or do you prefer to listen in the browser anyways?) (upd: does work in my FF ESR profile..)

(upd: Feeling a bit offended by Arnold is perfectly fine btw... Wink)

upd2: since it's now a 2 day quest, depending on how you're doing, I might allow 3 hints Smile Keep us updated Smile

upd3: note that you should submit your answer to dieantwoord today, and request your hints in the thread here for me to see. I'll subsequently post the necessary links in the thread as well (tomorrow). Tomorrow you'll only be competing for your hint-requests, you won't be allowed to come back on your other answers (for obvious reasons Wink)

upd4: hint: [spoiler]ppl with a certain amount of Xmas Quiz experience, might have a certain advantage..[/spoiler]

By dan

Master (186)

dan's picture

22-12-2020, 11:52

it's a hard one today, ren. only regonise 3 in the second part...

By defdanny

Champion (300)

defdanny's picture

22-12-2020, 13:38

Hi Ren,
I am a bit confused by your instructions, please clarify:
1. Where is the cue-sheet? its not linked in the download section
2. What do you mean with:

Quote:

Tomorrow you'll only be competing for your hint-requests, you won't be allowed to come back on your other answers

What other answers?
When do you expect the answers per e-mail? this night? tomorrow night? are there 2 parts?
A bit confusing for me.

By ren

Paragon (1858)

ren's picture

22-12-2020, 14:35

1. It's an embedded cue sheet, meaning it's embedded within the ID3 tags. Just open the mp3 with the right player to benefit from it;

2. just as every daily quest/riddle, mail your answers to dieantwoord before 6 AM tomorrow morning. In the meantime you are allowed 2 (3 perhaps) hints for soundbites. Those you request in the thread here.
I will post links to the requested hints tomorrow morning after 6 AM. Say you request hints for 4 & 5, you have a final chance to solve those using the hints I provide. If you manage to solve, send your answers, or guesses, to dieantwoord before 6 AM Thursday. Since everyone can request different hints, you only get to guess for 4 & 5 (in this example), the other answers you gave on the first day are final/fixed.

By defdanny

Champion (300)

defdanny's picture

22-12-2020, 14:38

Thanks, ren! Got it!

By ren

Paragon (1858)

ren's picture

22-12-2020, 14:39

Okay! Did you ID some already? Smile

By defdanny

Champion (300)

defdanny's picture

22-12-2020, 15:01

Yep. one by myself. 4 others by "recherche".
A nice journey into the deepest corners of my long-time memories.... not very successful yet. Wink

BTW: Is there a game with "Greensleeves" in it? if so, we should add it to the wiki article here! After the quiz has finished...

By ren

Paragon (1858)

ren's picture

22-12-2020, 18:08

I don't think so... Smile

Go see Arnold's hit movie Stolen Identity 3, if you haven't already.

Bonus question: a tune rearranged - do you recognize it / guess what it is? (Surely it fades away before the main melody arrives ;))

You may include your answer today or tomorrow.

By defdanny

Champion (300)

defdanny's picture

22-12-2020, 19:49

So, ren, here is my first hint request:
Are there any Konami games involved?
Dunno if this is a valid question...

Page 29/37
22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34