Wiki editing discussion

Page 97/118
90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102

By gdx

Enlighted (4492)

gdx's picture

23-01-2021, 15:13

This SCC detection routine doesn't seem to work.
https://www.msx.org/wiki/Konami_SCC_Programming

By Louthrax

Prophet (2405)

Louthrax's picture

23-01-2021, 15:25

gdx wrote:

This SCC detection routine doesn't seem to work.
https://www.msx.org/wiki/Konami_SCC_Programming

I'm not the author of this routine, but as usual, the more details you give on your problem the more chances you have to see the developper be interested in fixing it :) That's only 30s seconds on your side to add details ("I tested with this (modified or not) SCC cartridge on this computer", "that happened..."), and that can save him hours of testing the problem on working configurations!

By gdx

Enlighted (4492)

gdx's picture

24-01-2021, 08:30

I tested on OpenMSX for Mac and BlueMSX for Windows and the routine always indicated slot 1 with OpenMSX and it can't find the Sound Cartridge on BlueMSX.
So I sought whence could come the problem and for OpenMSX the issue is caused by NekoLauncher openMSX. Even if I insert an SCC only in the slot 2 the SCC will be inserted also in the slot 1. In addition of this bug, openMSX has a poorly designed interface for slots. We cannot insert a extension cartridge where we want.
About BlueMSX, I think this is a emulation bug because I tryed on real MSX and the SCC detection routine seems to work fine. Smile

By NYYRIKKI

Enlighted (5776)

NYYRIKKI's picture

27-01-2021, 08:36

About Yamaha S1985...
I read "Backup RAM (8 bit x 16)" what is this all about? Have I missed some feature?

By Manuel

Ascended (17941)

Manuel's picture

27-01-2021, 08:48

gdx wrote:

In addition of this bug, openMSX has a poorly designed interface for slots. We cannot insert a extension cartridge where we want.

Try the latest development build. I changed the OSD menu so that it is very easy to insert whatever you want in whatever slot you want, just like in the real hardware.

By zeilemaker54

Champion (299)

zeilemaker54's picture

27-01-2021, 08:54

NYYRIKKI wrote:

About Yamaha S1985...
I read "Backup RAM (8 bit x 16)" what is this all about? Have I missed some feature?

That is correct. The S1985 has extra SRAM, and is accessable via switched I/O. The feature is not used anywhere to my knowing.
By the way, the S1985 also featured a bidirectional printer interface, also not used anywhere.

By lintweaker

Champion (402)

lintweaker's picture

27-01-2021, 09:02

zeilemaker54 wrote:
NYYRIKKI wrote:

About Yamaha S1985...
I read "Backup RAM (8 bit x 16)" what is this all about? Have I missed some feature?

That is correct. The S1985 has extra SRAM, and is accessable via switched I/O. The feature is not used anywhere to my knowing.
By the way, the S1985 also featured a bidirectional printer interface, also not used anywhere.

For MegaReport (that app on the Quasar disks) I checked for the SRAM in the S1985 so it could report the machine had a S1985 :)

By Manuel

Ascended (17941)

Manuel's picture

27-01-2021, 11:30

By lintweaker

Champion (402)

lintweaker's picture

27-01-2021, 13:04

Ah yes, MegaReport does not handle a not (fully) initialized RTC very well. That was not an issue back then :)
Maybe time for an update on MegaReport...

By Manuel

Ascended (17941)

Manuel's picture

27-01-2021, 13:53

One of my goals was to get everything that MegaReport can report implemented in openMSX Smile Is there an official latest version of it?

Page 97/118
90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102