Wiki editing discussion

Page 55/58
48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | | 56 | 57 | 58

By gdx

Prophet (3216)

gdx's picture

19-01-2020, 09:25

You did not understand my intervention at all. I just find the name inappropriate and brings confusion.

Sd Snatcher wrote:

you explicitly called me unscrupulous, but also later accused me of overreacting and getting too upset.

No! First I didn't know you were the seller then I just wrote: "IT LOOKS LIKE an unscrupulous car salesman." (because the name is inappropriate and it gives the impression of wanting to demean other models.). There are four main versions of JoyMega. There is one called JoyMega2 and I think we need an explanation in the wiki. You dramatize too much. There is no other reason.

I don't understand why you get upset for so little. Instead of just saying: it's just because it's a revision 2, you strongly reject everything of my explanations and you say It's bullshit. It's this kind of reaction that gets us anywhere, not the discussion.

Sd Snatcher wrote:

About the article, the 74xx04 chips are called "hex inverters" for a reason. No, they don't have 4 inverter ports.

Yes, there are six gates. I wrote this from memory and this little error does not justify deleting everything else. Do you always delete everything when a detail doesn't suit you?

Me, I just replaced your indications on consumption by something approximative because it depends on the type of chip or transistor, but also on the brand. I think it is not necessary to talk about consumption in the characteristics but I have not deleted everything.

By hamlet

Scribe (2868)

hamlet's picture

19-01-2020, 11:28

Remember, we are all adults. Even if our wives would certainly not always agree.

By Grauw

Ascended (8682)

Grauw's picture

20-01-2020, 11:57

I’ve updated the JoyMega wiki page to be more neutral, complete and factual based on some points made here. I hope it is to all of your liking. If not maybe let me know here and I’ll make the adjustments, to avoid phrasing which further triggers heated debate :) (understatement).

About the resistor version, the article was making quite strong statements about it, I tried to rephrase it in kinder words which should still convey the same recommendation to users. If someone happens to have a link to a thread or online post somewhere which describes evidence of the mentioned ghosting and glitching issues, I think it would be nice for me to add it as a bit more evidence based reading material rather than just a wiki page making a statement.

By gdx

Prophet (3216)

gdx's picture

20-01-2020, 13:34

Thanks Grauw.

Edit: About transistor version, Daba seem to have had a issue with the Zemmix Neo.
https://www.msx.org/forum/msx-talk/hardware/8bitdo-m30-gamep...

I have a transistor version but I did not notice any problem on my MSXs. Used transistor is not the BC547C, and I have no OCM.
Anyway I think that all versions with LS or HCT chips work the same if we add the capacitor. The only difference is consumption but it is negligible.

By Wild_Penguin

Hero (584)

Wild_Penguin's picture

25-01-2020, 14:29

Grauw wrote:

About the resistor version, the article was making quite strong statements about it, I tried to rephrase it in kinder words which should still convey the same recommendation to users. If someone happens to have a link to a thread or online post somewhere which describes evidence of the mentioned ghosting and glitching issues, I think it would be nice for me to add it as a bit more evidence based reading material rather than just a wiki page making a statement.

Hi,

I can provide some evidence. I've used to got some inverter based circuits which did work. But the pads were crap... I ordered decent, nice 6-button ones years ago and some transistor-based adapters (from KM-Tech) and they do reliably glitch on my MSXes. But the inverter based one does not!

The glitch causes perceived missed button presses and IIRC sometimes spurious "down" presses in games. In hidtest, it causes the pad to be spuriously detected as a "3-button" pad. I've made a demonstrative video of it, however it is too long. I need to edit it. Even then I don't think it is that interesting ;-)

By Grauw

Ascended (8682)

Grauw's picture

25-01-2020, 15:07

Would be a nice video to watch though I think! I hope you’ll finish it Smile.

By gdx

Prophet (3216)

gdx's picture

06-02-2020, 14:09

About the Konami list, titles are as below.

https://www.msx.org/wiki/Category%3AKonami

Format: Official Japanese title / Official English title (Language)

Quote:

Akumajou Dracula / Vampire Killer
Cabbage Patch Kids
Circus Charlie
Comic Bakery
Contra / Gryzor
F1 Spirit - The Way to Formula-1
Frogger
Gambare Goemon - Karakuri Douchuu (J)
Gekitotsu Pennant Race - The Pro Yakyuu (J)
Gekitotsu Pennant Race 2 (J)
Gofer no Yabou Episode II / Nemesis 3 Eve of Destruction (JE)
Gradius / Nemesis (JE)
Gradius 2 / Nemesis 2 (JE)
Hai no Majutsushi (J)
Hi no Tori - Hououhen (J)
Hyper Olympic 1
Hyper Olympic 2
Hyper Sports 1
Hyper Sports 2
Hyper Sports 3
I Love Chiri - Kekkyoku Nankyoku Daidouken / Antarctic Adventure (J)
I Love Sansuu - Monta-Kun no Ichi ni Sansuu / Monkey Academy
I Love Shakai - Ponpoko Pain / Comic Bakery (J)
I Love Taiiku - Wanpaku Athletic / Athletic Land
King Kong 2 Yomigaeru Densetsu (J)
Knightmare II - Galious no Meikyuu / The Maze of Galious (JE)
Knightmare III - Shalom (J)
Knightmare Majou Densetsu
Konami no Baseball / Konami's Baseball
Konami no Boxing / Konami's Boxing
Konami no Game wo 10bai Tanoshimu Cartridge (J) / Game Master (E)
Konami no Golf / Konami's Golf
Konami no Mahjong Doujou / Konami's Mahjong (J)
Konami no Ping-Pong / Konami's Ping-Pong
Konami no Shin 10bai Tanoshimu Cartridge / Game Master II (JE)
Konami no Soccer / Konami's Soccer or Konami's Football
Konami no Tennis / Konami's Tennis
Konami Hyper Rally
Konami's Billiards
Magical Tree
Metal Gear
Metal Gear 2 - Solid Snake (J)
Mopiranger
Ouke no Tani / King's Valley
Ouke no Tani - El Giza no Fuuin / King's Valley II - The Seal of El Giza MSX1
Ouke no Tani - El Giza no Fuuin - Edit Contest Yuushuu Sakuhinshuu (J)
Parodius - Tako Saves Earth (J)
Pippols
QBert
Quarth
Road Fighter
Salamander
ShinSeSizer / Konami's Synthesizer
Sky Jaguar
Space Manbow
Super Cobra
The Goonies
The Treasure of Usas (JE)
Time Pilot
Track & Field 1
Track & Field 2
Twin Bee
Video Hustler
Yie Ar Kung-Fu II - Yie-Gah Koutei no Gyakushuu / Yie Ar Kung-Fu II - The Emperor Yie-Gah
Yume Tairiku Adventure / Penguin Adventure (JE)

"I love ..." is just a part of the Japanese titles.

By pgimeno

Resident (57)

pgimeno's picture

11-02-2020, 17:05

The pages for DEFINT, DEFSNG, DEFDBL, DEFSTR are called "DEF INT", "DEF SNG", "DEF DBL" and "DEF STR"; however that spelling is not supported by MSX BASIC. (I think "GO TO" is the only single token that can be written with an embedded space; but even "GO SUB" is a syntax error)

I suggest the pages to be renamed.

By mars2000you

Enlighted (5541)

mars2000you's picture

11-02-2020, 17:40

pgimeno wrote:

The pages for DEFINT, DEFSNG, DEFDBL, DEFSTR are called "DEF INT", "DEF SNG", "DEF DBL" and "DEF STR"; however that spelling is not supported by MSX BASIC. (I think "GO TO" is the only single token that can be written with an embedded space; but even "GO SUB" is a syntax error)

I suggest the pages to be renamed.

Ok - Actually I had to correct the content and move the page to another page with the correct instruction

What about DEF FN and DEF USR?

By pgimeno

Resident (57)

pgimeno's picture

11-02-2020, 20:15

mars2000you wrote:

What about DEF FN and DEF USR?

These are separate tokens. There's one token for DEF, another for FN and another for USR; however there is no token for INT, SNG, DBL or STR; the tokens are DEFINT, DEFSNG, DEFDBL and DEFSTR. It's legal to add spaces between tokens, but not within a token, so you can DEF FN but not DEF INT.

Page 55/58
48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | | 56 | 57 | 58