Wiki editing discussion

Page 131/137
124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136

By sdsnatcher73

Prophet (2555)

sdsnatcher73's picture

18-11-2021, 15:28

Maybe ASCII and Yamaha did develop this to be able to bid in the Russian school computers. I imagine there were competing companies at that time (the Russians would want best value for money obviously and the only way to get it is have some competition). We know there were also MSX machines supplied to Russia by Sanyo which included network functionality (and they had the board built in judging from the pictures of the MPC-2500FD which has the dipswitches on the back cover).

Maybe those machines or the Sony prototype used the J3125?

By mars2000you

Enlighted (6098)

mars2000you's picture

18-11-2021, 15:51

Unfortunaly, we have only one PCB picture for this machine. There must be another PCB including the 'connection' with these dipswitches...

By Takamichi

Hero (520)

Takamichi's picture

20-11-2021, 16:53

Are the screenshots of Konami EC-700 and Canon VWU-100 genuine? In the first one, 1 byte katakanas and ON/OFF are okay but other characters are garbled nonsense kanjis. In the 2nd one, Russian backwards R is unnatural and all the kanjis are wrong. As for the openMSX emulation, the EC-702 rom I found is 128 kb but this site says the cartridge contains 416 kb.

By mars2000you

Enlighted (6098)

mars2000you's picture

20-11-2021, 17:16

Takamichi wrote:

Are the screenshots of Konami EC-700 and Canon VWU-100 genuine? In the first one, 1 byte katakanas and ON/OFF are okay but other characters are garbled nonsense kanjis. In the 2nd one, Russian backwards R is unnatural and all the kanjis are wrong.

They come from Generation MSX. No idea what's the source. I presume someone used this software on a Russian machine or something like that.

By Takamichi

Hero (520)

Takamichi's picture

20-11-2021, 17:49

mars2000you wrote:
Takamichi wrote:

Are the screenshots of Konami EC-700 and Canon VWU-100 genuine? In the first one, 1 byte katakanas and ON/OFF are okay but other characters are garbled nonsense kanjis. In the 2nd one, Russian backwards R is unnatural and all the kanjis are wrong.

They come from Generation MSX. No idea what's the source. I presume someone used this software on a Russian machine or something like that.

The backwards R is 2 byte (full width) therefore it's the code 8460 kanji. And my correction; the 416 kb cartridge is EC-701, not EC-702.

By Manuel

Ascended (18404)

Manuel's picture

20-11-2021, 23:47

So,does someone know someone who owns an EC-701?
Looks like the EC701 wasn't properly dumped, so it would be nice to have it dumped... This site contains a dumping tool: http://d4.princess.ne.jp/msx/other/ec700/index.htm

By gdx

Enlighted (5027)

gdx's picture

21-11-2021, 09:53

The Canon VWU-100 is on sale on the Suruga-ya site.
https://www.suruga-ya.jp/kaitori_detail/123000459

I think the EC701 has 128kB ROM (531000) x 3 for the words storage + one 32kB ROM (27C256) for the program. The EC702 cartridge has probably 128kB only since it is a Kanji-ROM JIS1.

By Takamichi

Hero (520)

Takamichi's picture

21-11-2021, 10:15

gdx wrote:

The Canon VWU-100 is on sale on the Suruga-ya site.
https://www.suruga-ya.jp/kaitori_detail/123000459

That's buy price.

By gdx

Enlighted (5027)

gdx's picture

21-11-2021, 10:21

Oups, I looked too fast.

By sdsnatcher73

Prophet (2555)

sdsnatcher73's picture

21-11-2021, 11:26

Takamichi wrote:
gdx wrote:

The Canon VWU-100 is on sale on the Suruga-ya site.
https://www.suruga-ya.jp/kaitori_detail/123000459

That's buy price.

Not bad price but no pictures so unsure if it is complete…

Page 131/137
124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136