MSX HDMI mutlimedia card

Page 4/56
1 | 2 | 3 | | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9

By Buleste

Master (158)

Buleste's picture

31-01-2014, 11:13

Quote:

If bare & pre-assembled shares will be equal - better to go pre-assembled for all. Let's see. Also, this board is generic enough to emulate any 8 bit computer of 80s. It needs a slot adapter though to support atari, ZX, c64, SMS, NES, ....

If it can be adapted for the C64 it would blow the Chameleon out of the water especially for the price.

By luppie

Paladin (854)

luppie's picture

31-01-2014, 11:54

Count me in for an assembled one Big smile

By maxis

Champion (512)

maxis's picture

31-01-2014, 12:06

Buleste wrote:

If it can be adapted for the C64 it would blow the Chameleon out of the water especially for the price.

In Chameleon, AFAIK, they use Cyclone III Altera FPGA EP3C16, which is somewhat slightly bigger than Spartan6 XC6SLX9, which is on Procyon. IMHO, the design could fit. Would be excellent if someone could help me finding the FPGA project of C64 for the benchmarking purposes.
The best answer, however, could give us Jeri Ellsworth (creator of C-ONE, C64 Direct to TV and many other cool things), since her C64 design is cycle accurate.

By Yobi

Master (144)

Yobi's picture

31-01-2014, 12:25

Also count me in for an assembled one Murdoch

By legacy

Hero (570)

legacy's picture

31-01-2014, 16:55

You can count me in for an assembled one too.

By x-nen Aivalahostia

Paragon (1062)

x-nen Aivalahostia's picture

31-01-2014, 17:46

Hello!! You can count me in for an assembled one too. Hannibal

By maxis

Champion (512)

maxis's picture

31-01-2014, 18:35

Just compiled the OCM, which I've got from this link.
So, this release including the MSX-MUSIC and SCC together doesn't fit Spartan6 on Procyon. There are too many distributed RAM buffers around which were not mapped onto the BLOCKRAM cells. The design eats up all the LUTs (look-up-tables) in Xilinx device without filling up the BLOCKRAM.

So, actually building the VDP optimized for Xilinx techno is not the lost effort at all, especially that the memory scheduler can be optimized for compatibility with the original 9938/58 and much higher throughput.

Certainly, Kunihiko's VDP has light years of error free operation. But when the gate count will be compared I'll try to understand whether the new VDP does worth it or not.

By Pencioner

Paladin (955)

Pencioner's picture

31-01-2014, 23:43

Count me in for assembled one!

And though, i'm very interested in developing debugging solutions based on this board.

P.S. i had ideas for pure debug board, but i'm not a hardware guy, and i've planned to find the one who can help me with hardware. I'll explain my visions here soon and we will see what of my ideas are already available or nearly available with this board.

By Buleste

Master (158)

Buleste's picture

01-02-2014, 11:08

maxis wrote:
Buleste wrote:

If it can be adapted for the C64 it would blow the Chameleon out of the water especially for the price.

In Chameleon, AFAIK, they use Cyclone III Altera FPGA EP3C16, which is somewhat slightly bigger than Spartan6 XC6SLX9, which is on Procyon. IMHO, the design could fit. Would be excellent if someone could help me finding the FPGA project of C64 for the benchmarking purposes.
The best answer, however, could give us Jeri Ellsworth (creator of C-ONE, C64 Direct to TV and many other cool things), since her C64 design is cycle accurate.

I have found this little project that is based on the Chameleon code however I think the greatest problem anyone has with creating a C64 FPGA project is 1541 emulation. However, all off topic for the time being.

By maxis

Champion (512)

maxis's picture

01-02-2014, 19:53

Buleste wrote:

I have found this little project that is based on the Chameleon code however I think the greatest problem anyone has with creating a C64 FPGA project is 1541 emulation. However, all off topic for the time being.

Great, thank you. I'll try to compile it. Once done, let you know the results (offtop ....).

Page 4/56
1 | 2 | 3 | | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9