AX350

Page 1/3
| 2 | 3

By Gloriou

Expert (114)

Gloriou's picture

25-02-2019, 14:42

Why does my AX350 sometimes keep restarting, fail to reach basic or menu screen, no matter how many times or how long I wait?

Login or register to post comments

By Grauw

Enlighted (8015)

Grauw's picture

25-02-2019, 15:44

Is there maybe a sensor in the cartridge slot that’s supposed to reset the computer if you’re inserting a cartridge while it’s on (as a safety system, although it’s still dangerous to do), that’s not functioning properly anymore, triggering accidentally?

By Wild_Penguin

Hero (530)

Wild_Penguin's picture

25-02-2019, 16:26

PSU problem?

By Gloriou

Expert (114)

Gloriou's picture

25-02-2019, 19:48

Grauw wrote:

Is there maybe a sensor in the cartridge slot that’s supposed to reset the computer if you’re inserting a cartridge while it’s on (as a safety system, although it’s still dangerous to do), that’s not functioning properly anymore, triggering accidentally?

not that, it is not a power off
Like software failure of some sort.

By Gloriou

Expert (114)

Gloriou's picture

25-02-2019, 19:49

Wild_Penguin wrote:

PSU problem?

Not electricity problem. The unit still continuesly running

By mars2000you

Enlighted (5468)

mars2000you's picture

25-02-2019, 20:01

Do you have tried to boot the computer while pressing the CTRL key? The AX-350 should start then in International mode without the Arabic characters and menu.

By Gloriou

Expert (114)

Gloriou's picture

25-02-2019, 20:17

mars2000you wrote:

Do you have tried to boot the computer while pressing the CTRL key? The AX-350 should start then in International mode without the Arabic characters and menu.

Yep I tried

By mars2000you

Enlighted (5468)

mars2000you's picture

25-02-2019, 21:06

It seems that there's a harddisk drive (IDE) connected to the computer. Can you make tests without this IDE connected?

By Manuel

Ascended (15360)

Manuel's picture

25-02-2019, 21:53

Indeed. It seems it is always happening at the same moment, so I guess it's due to a program that's loaded at boot time or something (bad MSX-DOS?).

By Gloriou

Expert (114)

Gloriou's picture

26-02-2019, 06:16

mars2000you wrote:

It seems that there's a harddisk drive (IDE) connected to the computer. Can you make tests without this IDE connected?

Even without that, still happens

Page 1/3
| 2 | 3