Sony HitBit 11 not booting into Sofarun + Mapper Megaram 512kb

Page 2/6
1 | | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

By Manuel

Ascended (17701)

Manuel's picture

07-04-2021, 22:21

"MR/MP = MP (Memory Mapper)." -> should be on MP (Memory Mapper).

How do you leave the built in firmware? Maybe there's a key you can press to skip it automatically?
Maybe you can make a video of how you are trying to boot and what is happening on screen?

By the way, this particular machine isn't emulated yet...do you want to help with that, by dumping the ROMs and running some test programs? And possibly also make some pictures of the PCB?
See also this thread: https://www.msx.org/forum/msx-talk/emulation/dumpingreverse-...

By sdsnatcher73

Paragon (1667)

sdsnatcher73's picture

08-04-2021, 05:43

Andres wrote:

4GB SD seems to bee "Too small" to target it and flash it.

Not all cards of 4GB have the actual same size, I also have some 4GB cards the image fits on and some it does not fit. You can flash it to an 8GB or larger card as well.

Your settings for the memory are good (it says Mapper in the boot screen, that is the right mode for your machine).

By Andres

Supporter (11)

Andres's picture

08-04-2021, 14:03

Manuel wrote:

"MR/MP = MP (Memory Mapper)." -> should be on MP (Memory Mapper).

How do you leave the built in firmware? Maybe there's a key you can press to skip it automatically?
Maybe you can make a video of how you are trying to boot and what is happening on screen?

By the way, this particular machine isn't emulated yet...do you want to help with that, by dumping the ROMs and running some test programs? And possibly also make some pictures of the PCB?
See also this thread: https://www.msx.org/forum/msx-talk/emulation/dumpingreverse-engineering-msx-models-thread

I do not know if there's a key to do that, maybe the user's manual has something about it. Will record a video as soon as possible. I have no problem trying to do the dumping and testing, I just need time to understand the procedure and apply it. This is the only pcb's picture I took so far, is this enough?

sdsnatcher73 wrote:

Not all cards of 4GB have the actual same size, I also have some 4GB cards the image fits on and some it does not fit. You can flash it to an 8GB or larger card as well.

Your settings for the memory are good (it says Mapper in the boot screen, that is the right mode for your machine).

Thanks, I'll try it with a larger one.

By Manuel

Ascended (17701)

Manuel's picture

08-04-2021, 14:38

Thanks, please check the readme file in the zip in the first post of that thread.

By mars2000you

Enlighted (5825)

mars2000you's picture

08-04-2021, 19:17

It is useless to dump this machine as two ROMs are missing (firmware and Kanji). Explanations here: https://b-hood.site/oldSite/hb-11/

The Kanji-ROM is confirmed here: https://uniabis.net/pico/msx/msxjp/

HB-11 SONY MSX - ワードランド文II搭載 - JIS第一水準 標準漢字ROM

Google translation:

HB-11 SONY MSX - Equipped with Word Land Sentence II - JIS Level 1 Standard Kanji-ROM

On the same page, it is also mentioned that a Kanji-ROM is required to use the Sony HBS-B003C cartridge Word Land Sentence II: HBS-B003C SONY ワードランド文II - 要漢字ROM

By Manuel

Ascended (17701)

Manuel's picture

08-04-2021, 21:09

But Andres said he booted into firmware? So it's not missing...

By mars2000you

Enlighted (5825)

mars2000you's picture

08-04-2021, 21:15

He booted into Sony menu that seems to be integrated in the BIOS rom. Read better the Japanese site!

By Manuel

Ascended (17701)

Manuel's picture

08-04-2021, 21:22

Sorry, I'm not getting your point. One Japanese site says it has kanji ROM and Word Land Sentence II. The other site and the photo of Andres shows a few gaps where there could be ROM chips.

Anyway, Andres, please just dump the machine and the ROMs and show us what it does on boot. Let's see how far we get.

By mars2000you

Enlighted (5825)

mars2000you's picture

08-04-2021, 21:26

ROMと思わしきICが2つありました。 片方は内蔵ソフト、そしてもう1つは漢字ROMだと思います(推測ですが…)。 それから、画像のように実装しなかったICの印刷があります。 "文2"?第2水準漢字を搭載する予定だったのでしょうか?

Google translation: There were two ICs that seemed to be ROMs. I think one is the built-in software and the other is the Kanji ROM (I guess ...). Then there is the printing of the IC that I did not implement like the image. "Sentence 2"? Was it planned to be equipped with Level 2 Kanji?

There were two ICs that seemed to be ROMs = These ROMs are missing in this uncomplete machine!!!

By Manuel

Ascended (17701)

Manuel's picture

08-04-2021, 21:45

That doesn't make it useless to dump it... the machine is as it is...

Page 2/6
1 | | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6