Mapper Megaram 512kb Set Up on Yamaha CX5M

Page 2/2
1 |

By Soft Automaton

Rookie (17)

Soft Automaton's picture

22-04-2021, 00:06

As I understand it, that's the job of the SD card, isn't it? Assuming I format the SD somewhere / somehow correctly, then load Nextor onto it, it should run.

I got this error both with nothing on it and with Nextor on it. However, I have currently thought that the error was that the basic SD formatting wasn't completed correctly. If so, it probably wouldn't see Nextor yet anyway. I keep reading that I'm supposed to format the SD on the MSX first so in a way my focus is on that at the moment.

I'm also bit confused about why we're talking about flashing EEPROMs. Assuming this cartridge was built properly, isn't my only concern putting an SD card in, setting that up, then eventually loading ripped ROMs for applications / games through Nextor and Sofarun?

I also don't have any compilers so I'm ultimately looking for Nextor and Sofarun executables and drivers. I don't have any tools to make SYS files, etc. I'm just an end user, more or less Wink

By Manuel

Ascended (18088)

Manuel's picture

22-04-2021, 00:21

Nextor has both a file and a ROM part. We are suspecting something might be wrong with the ROM part. That part is in a flashROM on the cartridge and the manufacturer can tell you how to check/fix it, with which contents.

By Pentarou

Champion (389)

Pentarou's picture

22-04-2021, 00:22

Nextor kernel is in the EEPROM (Cartridge), the error you are getting happens before it tries to load from the SD card.
That's why you are getting it also with no SD card inserted, otherwise you would be getting the Disk basic prompt.

Soft Automaton wrote:

I'm also bit confused about why we're talking about flashing EEPROMs. Assuming this cartridge was built properly, isn't my only concern putting an SD card in, setting that up, then eventually loading ripped ROMs for applications / games through Nextor and Sofarun?

Yes, assuming the cart was built properly that's what you should have.
I was just expanding on Grauw suggestion, explaining that the cart can be reflashed by the end user.

By Soft Automaton

Rookie (17)

Soft Automaton's picture

22-04-2021, 00:26

Aha! OK.

I have no idea what's on the ROM, actually. All I've been told is to follow the instructions that are typically found on here, all of which are SD related.

I'll reach out to the seller now and come back here with info.

Page 2/2
1 |