"Konami's MSX Legacy" - call for help

Page 10/11
3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | | 11

By valrond

Expert (69)

valrond's picture

08-05-2018, 10:59

So, no digital version for the book? Just a huge printed one with a huge price tag?

By hamlet

Scribe (3076)

hamlet's picture

08-05-2018, 11:12

Of course this is not my decission but I wouldn't tend to a digital version.
Remember books? Picture books? Where your sight wanders from one side to the other?
Marvellous and wonderfull experience!
Paper is paper, the time I spend to read a bok is different (and in my eyes more precious) than reading a .pdf.
The huge price is the money you got to pay for only one ancient obsolete Konami game in perfect condition.
This book is new, with a ot of work behind to make it real.
And: It is a gift.
For 90€ the author charging the cost for printing.
And I guess it this is the way it's ment to use, it is made for.
I'm looking forward to held the weight of 400 or 800 pages in my hand. And you should see the grinning in my face then!

By sdsnatcher73

Paladin (929)

sdsnatcher73's picture

08-05-2018, 13:06

valrond wrote:

So, no digital version for the book? Just a huge printed one with a huge price tag?

I think with Amazon/create space you also get the option to buy an ebook (or combination of paper and ebook).

By mariocavalcanti

Expert (86)

mariocavalcanti's picture

08-05-2018, 13:30

hamlet wrote:

Of course this is not my decission but I wouldn't tend to a digital version.
Remember books? Picture books? Where your sight wanders from one side to the other?
Marvellous and wonderfull experience!
Paper is paper, the time I spend to read a bok is different (and in my eyes more precious) than reading a .pdf.
The huge price is the money you got to pay for only one ancient obsolete Konami game in perfect condition.
This book is new, with a ot of work behind to make it real.
And: It is a gift.
For 90€ the author charging the cost for printing.
And I guess it this is the way it's ment to use, it is made for.
I'm looking forward to held the weight of 400 or 800 pages in my hand. And you should see the grinning in my face then!

Great project. It's good to see it getting ready. I agree with hamlet on the print/digital issue. Of course, there are alternatives like the services mentioned (Amazon S P and Create Space), but I really like print.

By wimpie3

Champion (299)

wimpie3's picture

08-05-2018, 13:48

sdsnatcher73 wrote:

Count me in! Out of curiosity, why a part 1 and 2?

Technical reasons. Createspace cannot print over 400 pages.

By sdsnatcher73

Paladin (929)

sdsnatcher73's picture

08-05-2018, 16:49

wimpie3 wrote:
sdsnatcher73 wrote:

Count me in! Out of curiosity, why a part 1 and 2?

Technical reasons. Createspace cannot print over 400 pages.

Okay, strange that they can go to 800 in B/W (depending on the paper size) and not in color. Probably different printer models.

By Ivan

Ascended (9170)

Ivan's picture

08-05-2018, 17:50

If the book is going to be printed I am in.

By valrond

Expert (69)

valrond's picture

09-05-2018, 00:18

hamlet wrote:

Of course this is not my decission but I wouldn't tend to a digital version.
Remember books? Picture books? Where your sight wanders from one side to the other?
Marvellous and wonderfull experience!
Paper is paper, the time I spend to read a bok is different (and in my eyes more precious) than reading a .pdf.
The huge price is the money you got to pay for only one ancient obsolete Konami game in perfect condition.
This book is new, with a ot of work behind to make it real.
And: It is a gift.
For 90€ the author charging the cost for printing.
And I guess it this is the way it's ment to use, it is made for.
I'm looking forward to held the weight of 400 or 800 pages in my hand. And you should see the grinning in my face then!

Dude, you talk like an old librarian.
We are in 2018. I very rarely buy paper books. They cost a ton, they take up a lot of space, weight a ton. I just don't buy them, no upside. Even my mum doesn't want to read paper books anymore. She can read them easier and with a bigger font in her kindle paperwhite.
Printing is not needed anymore. I own 3 kindle devices, several 10 and 12 inch tablets (mostly to read comics), and huge monitors.
Do you still print all of your pictures? Or you just watch them on your phone and share them?
So, if the author doesn't want to make a digital copy, it's his decision, but a wrong one. A LOT more of people would buy and have access to his work.

By journey

Champion (399)

journey's picture

09-05-2018, 09:10

Ivan wrote:

If the book is going to be printed I am in.

Me too Smile

By Ivan

Ascended (9170)

Ivan's picture

09-05-2018, 17:54

valrond wrote:

Dude, you talk like an old librarian.
We are in 2018. I very rarely buy paper books. They cost a ton, they take up a lot of space, weight a ton. I just don't buy them, no upside. Even my mum doesn't want to read paper books anymore. She can read them easier and with a bigger font in her kindle paperwhite.
Printing is not needed anymore. I own 3 kindle devices, several 10 and 12 inch tablets (mostly to read comics), and huge monitors.
Do you still print all of your pictures? Or you just watch them on your phone and share them?
So, if the author doesn't want to make a digital copy, it's his decision, but a wrong one. A LOT more of people would buy and have access to his work.

I want the real thing and not a f*ck*ng file that someday will be deleted for whatever reason.

Page 10/11
3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | | 11