WebMSX running SymbOS!

Page 2/5
1 | | 3 | 4 | 5

By abslide

Resident (33)

abslide's picture

20-05-2018, 20:44

Symbos 3.0 (Z80) running under OpenMSX
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq8QJ32l2Fc

Sound at 5:54

By ppeccin

Champion (375)

ppeccin's picture

21-05-2018, 04:15

abslide wrote:

Symbos 3.0 (Z80) running under OpenMSX. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq8QJ32l2Fc Sound at 5:54

Can you send me some music files to test? I could not find any, so I did not test this SymAmp actually.
I also could not find any movie file to test with SymPlay... Do you have any???
Thanks.

By ali6x944

Master (196)

ali6x944's picture

21-05-2018, 11:32

cool
quick question can u really browse the internet with symzilla ? if so how?

By Manuel

Ascended (17869)

Manuel's picture

21-05-2018, 12:39

ppeccin wrote:
Quote:

I started Pacman, and the CPU usage almost didn't go up. Then I noticed the CPUx4 at the bottom... hmm. That explained. Why is it x4 by default?

I think it should be 3x not 4x.
The /symbos page is just a shortcut to demo SymbOS. It sets some parameters automatically, and its using WebMSX MSX2++ machine, which is just a normal MSX2+ with some boosts: 1024 RAM, Nextor and 3x Turbo active.

Why not use 1x, so normal speed? Gives an impression on how it runs on real hardware.

By tfh

Prophet (2858)

tfh's picture

21-05-2018, 12:56

ali6x944 wrote:

cool
quick question can u really browse the internet with symzilla ? if so how?

Not yet. WebMSX doesn't emulate a network card yet.

Manuel wrote:

Why not use 1x, so normal speed? Gives an impression on how it runs on real hardware.

Noone is stopping you to do so ;-) The version on WebMSX (and the one I use as well) is optimzed for usability ;-)

By NYYRIKKI

Enlighted (5745)

NYYRIKKI's picture

22-05-2018, 05:24

tfh wrote:
ali6x944 wrote:

cool
quick question can u really browse the internet with symzilla ? if so how?

Not yet. WebMSX doesn't emulate a network card yet.

There are few other problems as well... It does not support HTML, so some kind of HTML2DOX proxy would be needed in order to use it... There is no such online. Symzilla was also made before TCP/IP stack, so at current state it can't connect to internet at all. ATM you are strictly limited to browse offline example pages regardless of your setup.

By ali6x944

Master (196)

ali6x944's picture

22-05-2018, 12:55

NYYRIKKI wrote:
tfh wrote:
ali6x944 wrote:

cool
quick question can u really browse the internet with symzilla ? if so how?

Not yet. WebMSX doesn't emulate a network card yet.

There are few other problems as well... It does not support HTML, so some kind of HTML2DOX proxy would be needed in order to use it... There is no such online. Symzilla was also made before TCP/IP stack, so at current state it can't connect to internet at all. ATM you are strictly limited to browse offline example pages regardless of your setup.

dose the real software that run on real machines have the same limitation?

By edoz

Prophet (2314)

edoz's picture

22-05-2018, 22:07

Wow! Amazingly beautiful! I love it! Symbos runs smooth in a web browser! Crazy!

By ppeccin

Champion (375)

ppeccin's picture

23-05-2018, 04:02

Guys! New release with updated SymbOS files. Please try again! Sound working!

Also, there is a new page to demo SymbOS multitasking in action: http://webmsx.org/symbos/inaction
(playing music, video and game at the same time)

Paulo

By ppeccin

Champion (375)

ppeccin's picture

23-05-2018, 03:44

Quote:

Why not use 1x, so normal speed? Gives an impression on how it runs on real hardware.

Well, I just thought it would be nice to give it some more speed to increase usability, since SymbOS supports turbo machines.
To see it at 3.57MHz, you can just disable turbo, or change the URL parameter to set the normal MSX2+ machine "msx2p" instead of "msx2pp".

Page 2/5
1 | | 3 | 4 | 5