USAS (RC-753) enhanced

Page 12/16
5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16

By syn

Paragon (1920)

syn's picture

02-01-2018, 21:19

Wow, amazing speed of development/update, very nice victor. Thank you very much!

Also thanks Koichiro for your work on music Wink

By Victor

Champion (470)

Victor's picture

02-01-2018, 21:43

Randam wrote:

But I realized that the rom crashes if I force PSG now by holding P when I wanted to compare. Perhaps the PSG feature got broken with your new fixes.

Opps!!! Yes!!! I forgot that!!

Fixed...

The link is the same and the version number is the same too...

By ren

Paragon (1288)

ren's picture

02-01-2018, 23:27

Amazing work Victor & Koichiro!

Victor wrote:
Popolon_fr wrote:

Congratulations really. So, maybe you can add the sound of Konami PAUSE as the original ?

No.... I prefer this way.... The music continues....

Perhaps the keep-music-playing could be made optional as well? I wouldn't mind the music to be paused either (like the original).
Or, otherwise, a nice touch: lowering the volume a bit (like it's playing in the background).

Something I wondered about, regarding the keys that need to be pressed simultaneously: isn't there a chance that some keyboard matrices could prevent the registering of all keys? Is this MSX model dependent, or (should this be) the same for each MSX (generation)?
It's potentially an issue for PC (emulator) users anyway.. ;-)
I guess it would be more difficult / more work to create a menu with option toggles? (Regardless of this potential issue, a bit nicer IMO)

Anyway, great work!

-edit: NB making the menu joystick accessible would be great e.g. when run via SofaRun I reckon? Smile

By Manuel

Ascended (15821)

Manuel's picture

02-01-2018, 23:30

Great! The solution is the bluntest there was available, but if it works, it works! Smile Are there particular places where the optimizations and turbo are easily visible?

By Victor

Champion (470)

Victor's picture

03-01-2018, 04:09

Manuel wrote:

Great! The solution is the bluntest there was available, but if it works, it works! Smile

I find the "keep pressed keys" faster for start the game...

Manuel wrote:

Are there particular places where the optimizations and turbo are easily visible?

In the sprites..

By ren

Paragon (1288)

ren's picture

03-01-2018, 12:44

Victor wrote:
Manuel wrote:

Great! The solution is the bluntest there was available, but if it works, it works! Smile

I find the "keep pressed keys" faster for start the game...

He's referring to the solution to the music pitch (I bet).

By Manuel

Ascended (15821)

Manuel's picture

03-01-2018, 12:56

Indeed!

By Victor

Champion (470)

Victor's picture

03-01-2018, 13:02

ren wrote:

He's referring to the solution to the music pitch (I bet).

Koichiro created all the stage song with the differents pitchs.. Thats all.. I select a diferent song for each emoticon.. That's the reason of the big size of ROM...

By gdx

Prophet (3085)

gdx's picture

03-01-2018, 13:11

ren wrote:

Or, otherwise, a nice touch: lowering the volume a bit (like it's playing in the background).

It's a good compromise.

By ren

Paragon (1288)

ren's picture

03-01-2018, 13:20

Victor wrote:

Koichiro created all the stage song with the differents pitchs.. Thats all.. I select a diferent song for each emoticon.. That's the reason of the big size of ROM...

Yes, like you explained earlier. I reckon it's no critique ;-)

Page 12/16
5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16