MSX-BASIC editor for Windows released

Page 2/6
1 | | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

By jltursan

Prophet (2193)

jltursan's picture

23-07-2016, 10:26

Wow, the tool is evolving nicely!, congrats!

Btw, the ccz80 addition is great and really turns Tabmegx in a powerful game developing system; but note that ccz80 is not C, it has a propietary language very close to C. Now you have ccz80++, if you add its support it would be the first OOP tool for MSX Smile

By N.I

Master (166)

N.I's picture

24-07-2016, 02:47

jltursan wrote:

Wow, the tool is evolving nicely!, congrats!

Btw, the ccz80 addition is great and really turns Tabmegx in a powerful game developing system; but note that ccz80 is not C, it has a propietary language very close to C. Now you have ccz80++, if you add its support it would be the first OOP tool for MSX Smile

Thank you! I was considering to support such z88dk. I will also check ccz80++.

By wyrdwad

Paladin (792)

wyrdwad's picture

24-07-2016, 06:26

Will the resulting disk images run on an actual MSX too, or only in an emulator?

The reason I ask is because of the absence of line numbers -- to my knowledge, MSX-BASIC programs *have* to have line numbers, don't they? Or does the .dsk generated by this program include an executable for the data?

-Tom

By Vampier

Prophet (2297)

Vampier's picture

24-07-2016, 07:38

It would be nice to have something like this directly inside openMSX including a nice GUI ^_^

N.I this is amazing! Smile

By N.I

Master (166)

N.I's picture

24-07-2016, 14:57

wyrdwad wrote:

Will the resulting disk images run on an actual MSX too, or only in an emulator?

The reason I ask is because of the absence of line numbers -- to my knowledge, MSX-BASIC programs *have* to have line numbers, don't they? Or does the .dsk generated by this program include an executable for the data?

-Tom

The file in the resulting disk image can run on an actual MSX, too. Tabmegx adds line numbers to the file, and saves it to the disk image.

By chalky

Resident (39)

chalky's picture

25-07-2016, 01:44

Could you post some instructions on how to use this please?

I have set paths for Disk Manager, ccz80, and my preferred MSX Emulator (blueMSX), but no matter what I try I cannot get anything to run in blueMSX from within Tabmegx.

I type code into the editor, save it to a ".bas" file, and click the "RUN" button. A DISKMGR window opens displaying the contents of "fpcx.dsk" (one "AUTOEXEC.BAS" file dated 15/12/2015). No error message is displayed, and blueMSX is never launched.

The same thing happens if I try loading any of the ".bas" (or ccz80) samples - what am I doing wrong?

By mars2000you

Enlighted (5515)

mars2000you's picture

25-07-2016, 03:08

Do you close Disk Manager before the automatic starting of blueMSX ? On Win Vista and higher, the same DSK file can't be shared between two applications.

However, it seems that in all cases, only the fpcx.dsk is launched with an AUTOEXEC.BAS corresponding to the first sample in this thread. So, another DSK file does not seem to be created when another sample is used ...

Edit: It seems to be a problem with DISK MANAGER. When using DISK EXPLORER, the correct fpcx.dsk with the selected sample is created and blueMSX is automatically launched (just like as you can see on the YouTube videos).

By N.I

Master (166)

N.I's picture

25-07-2016, 03:40

chalky wrote:

Could you post some instructions on how to use this please?

I have set paths for Disk Manager, ccz80, and my preferred MSX Emulator (blueMSX), but no matter what I try I cannot get anything to run in blueMSX from within Tabmegx.

I type code into the editor, save it to a ".bas" file, and click the "RUN" button. A DISKMGR window opens displaying the contents of "fpcx.dsk" (one "AUTOEXEC.BAS" file dated 15/12/2015). No error message is displayed, and blueMSX is never launched.

The same thing happens if I try loading any of the ".bas" (or ccz80) samples - what am I doing wrong?

Is your version of Disk-Manager V0.15?
Tabmegx uses the function of the command-line arguments of Disk-Manager V0.15. If it is the old version, the process does not proceed.

mars2000you wrote:

Do you close Disk Manager before the automatic starting of blueMSX ? On Win Vista and higher, the same DSK file can't be shared between two applications.

Disk Manager is closed automatically normally Smile . Did you try the latest version of Disk-Manager?

By mars2000you

Enlighted (5515)

mars2000you's picture

25-07-2016, 03:56

N.I wrote:
mars2000you wrote:

Do you close Disk Manager before the automatic starting of blueMSX ? On Win Vista and higher, the same DSK file can't be shared between two applications.

Disk Manager is closed automatically normally Smile . Did you try the latest version of Disk-Manager?

I was using version 0.13 of Disk Manager. With version 0.15, there's no any problem : automatic closing and creation of the correct fpcx.dsk file with the selected sample. Maybe you should precise that version 0.15 is required (I didn't know that a new version was available)

By chalky

Resident (39)

chalky's picture

25-07-2016, 11:46

I too was using an older version of Disk Manager - after installing 0.15 everything works as expected. Smile

Page 2/6
1 | | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6