Wiki editing discussion

صفحة 168/170
161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | | 169 | 170

بواسطة Manuel

Ascended (18958)

صورة Manuel

03-08-2022, 16:35

Thanks, mars2000you!

بواسطة mars2000you

Enlighted (6321)

صورة mars2000you

07-08-2022, 14:25

@Retrofan

The resolution of this picture https://www.msx.org/wiki/File:Hx-mu900_32kB_Upgraded_PCB-bac... (2,203 × 2,686) is better than your replacement picture https://www.msx.org/wiki/File:Toshiba_HX-MU900_PCB_32kB_mod.PNG (607 × 609).

Your other contribution makes me perplex, because the chip is not presented in the same way as the other pictures, what gives a bad look to the page. If I keep only the useful part and put it in the right position, the resolu!ion (1425 x 1613) stays inferior to https://www.msx.org/wiki/File:Hxmu900c.jpg (1,881 × 2,049), but it has the advantage to be a clearer picture.

بواسطة mars2000you

Enlighted (6321)

صورة mars2000you

08-08-2022, 10:09

mars2000you wrote:

@Retrofan

The resolution of this picture https://www.msx.org/wiki/File:Hx-mu900_32kB_Upgraded_PCB-bac... (2,203 × 2,686) is better than your replacement picture https://www.msx.org/wiki/File:Toshiba_HX-MU900_PCB_32kB_mod.PNG (607 × 609).

Your other contribution makes me perplex, because the chip is not presented in the same way as the other pictures, what gives a bad look to the page. If I keep only the useful part and put it in the right position, the resolu!ion (1425 x 1613) stays inferior to https://www.msx.org/wiki/File:Hxmu900c.jpg (1,881 × 2,049), but it has the advantage to be a clearer picture.

I've finally decided to add your picture with small definition, only because there is no switch on this PCB. So users can also compare with the version including a switch. I've therefore adjusted the descriptions.

For the other picture, I've replaced it by only the useful part in the right position.

بواسطة mars2000you

Enlighted (6321)

صورة mars2000you

10-08-2022, 14:39

@gdx:

I've corrected some incoherencies in the VRAM maps and VDP Mode Registers pages:

* there was some confusion between SCREEN 1 - Multicolor text and SCREEN 3 - Graphic 2 mode (which is defined as multicolor mode on this page: https://www.msx.org/wiki/MSX1)
* there was an inversion between SCREEN 2 - Graphic mode 1 and SCREEN 3 - Graphic 2 mode
* info about Graphic 2 mode was incoherent with info about SCREEN 3 on SCREEN page
* I've added a BASIC program to check the values in registers 0 and 1 for SCREEN 3 - at the same time, it proves that M1 bit precedes M2 bit in register 1, contrary to the logic in register 0 with M5, M4 and M3 bits - you can check for other SCREENs

بواسطة gdx

Enlighted (5708)

صورة gdx

10-08-2022, 15:11

SCREEN2 mode is not bitmap and registers 26 and 27 are not VDP Mode Registers. Even the register 25 is not one really.

mars2000you wrote:

there was an inversion between SCREEN 2 - Graphic mode 1 and SCREEN 3 - Graphic 2 mode

What's the point of reporting such an error here?

mars2000you wrote:

I've added a BASIC program to check the values in registers 0 and 1 for SCREEN 3 - at the same time, it proves that M1 bit precedes M2 bit in register 1, contrary to the logic in register 0 with M5, M4 and M3 bits - you can check for other SCREENs

Have you checked well because Parm had changed this table because he said it was wrong?

بواسطة mars2000you

Enlighted (6321)

صورة mars2000you

10-08-2022, 15:27

I think Parn makes the confusion between Multicolor text (SC1) and multicolor mode (SC3), and the order of M1/M2 bits does not help to avoid confusion.

I had to explain all the changes, that's why SC2/SC3 inversion is also mentioned.

You have yourself added registers 2S to 27 to this page (because you think an apart page for MSX2+ registers was not a good idea).

About SC2: I've seen this error on MSX1 page, but I wanted that you see it (I think it was not done by you or me).

بواسطة Parn

Paladin (800)

صورة Parn

10-08-2022, 15:51

I was trying to leave it consistent with the documentation. I think using the same terminology but with different meaning leads to confusion. According to the documentation, there's no "Multicolor Text", but "Graphic 1" (or "Graphics I") mode, which is also called G1, while SCREEN 3 is actually called "Multicolor".

I strongly suggest the VRAM Maps wiki page use only official terminology.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I probably mixed up SCREEN 1 with SCREEN 3 as @mars2000you said. But you can see that's a honest mistake to make in that context.

بواسطة mars2000you

Enlighted (6321)

صورة mars2000you

10-08-2022, 15:51

Parn wrote:

I was trying to leave it consistent with the documentation. I think using the same terminology but with different meaning leads to confusion. According to the documentation, there's no "Multicolor Text", but "Graphic 1" (or "Graphics I") mode, which is also called G1, while SCREEN 3 is actually called "Multicolor".

I strongly suggest the VRAM Maps wiki page use only official terminology.

Thanks for the clarification Smile

بواسطة Manuel

Ascended (18958)

صورة Manuel

12-08-2022, 21:58

Is it me or is there almost the same topic in these articles:
https://www.msx.org/wiki/How_to_make_a_floppy_disk_image
https://www.msx.org/wiki/How_to_make_a_disk_image_file_from_...

At least there is quite some duplication... Someone willing to fix?

Related: https://www.msx.org/wiki/How_to_write_regular_MSX_disk_image...

بواسطة gdx

Enlighted (5708)

صورة gdx

14-08-2022, 01:33

The software listings should be alphabetical and not by product number. It's easy to navigate when it's classified by product number for computers and device but not for software. The product number is not even necessary in the tables, many do not even have one.

صفحة 168/170
161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | | 169 | 170