Unknown model MSX TurboR with modem and serial

صفحة 17/21
10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21

بواسطة NYYRIKKI

Enlighted (5982)

صورة NYYRIKKI

15-11-2015, 23:58

Piter Punk wrote:

The INP(&HA4) gives... multiple values?

Sometimes it gives 0, and some times it gives 1

Sounds about right... It should go trough values 0-3 changing every 63.5 microseconds

Quote:

The "for" result:

I     INP
0     255
1     255
2     255
3     255
4     255
5     64
6     0
7     255
8     255
9     255
10    255
11    255
12    255
13    3
14    47
15    139

Looks normal.
Edit: Please note that the Panasonic "Firmware switch" seems to be always on. (Go to BIOS menu)... or maybe it is the Z80/R800 switch in this machine... Have to investigate.

Quote:

No sound are played and no sound stopped with OUT &HA5,0 (keyboard click continues)

Ok, then this part is missing...

بواسطة mars2000you

Enlighted (6346)

صورة mars2000you

16-11-2015, 00:03

I've just seen the openMSX config. Just one question : what about the rom named as PAGE.001 ?

It appears also in the first part of A1GTFIRM.000 or A1STFIRM.000.

بواسطة Manuel

Ascended (19060)

صورة Manuel

16-11-2015, 00:10

I guess that means it's the first block of the big mapper ROM, so it's in slot 3-3.

بواسطة NYYRIKKI

Enlighted (5982)

صورة NYYRIKKI

16-11-2015, 00:40

Oh, zeilemaker54 already figured out the Z80/R800 switch... Sorry for messing around...

mars2000you wrote:

I've just seen the openMSX config. Just one question : what about the rom named as PAGE.001 ?

It appears also in the first part of A1GTFIRM.000 or A1STFIRM.000.

Indeed... It looks like ASCII8 mapper in slot 3-3... So, next question is, what we have in I/O ports #25, #2C, #2D...UART?

... Seems that you can prevent some stuff including the cartridge software from booting by pressing DEL-key down on boot.

بواسطة mars2000you

Enlighted (6346)

صورة mars2000you

16-11-2015, 00:31

Manuel wrote:

I guess that means it's the first block of the big mapper ROM, so it's in slot 3-3.

Probably to initialize the special ST SRAM that I have forgotten in the blueMSX config (because there's no any special firmware contrary to ST or GT).

So, I need to change that.

For blueMSX, there will be 2 machines :
- one with the RS232C rom correctly mapped
- one with the RS232C rom incorrectly mapped (to avoid the problem of the 6 keys !!!)

بواسطة Piter Punk

Master (228)

صورة Piter Punk

16-11-2015, 01:23

NYYRIKKI wrote:
mars2000you wrote:

I've just seen the openMSX config. Just one question : what about the rom named as PAGE.001 ?

It appears also in the first part of A1GTFIRM.000 or A1STFIRM.000.

Indeed... It looks like ASCII8 mapper in slot 3-3... So, next question is, what we have in I/O ports #25, #2C, #2D...UART?

... Seems that you can prevent some stuff including the cartridge software from booting by pressing DEL-key down on boot.

Do you have a good test to check those IO ports? The machine have the superimposer, modem and serial ports to be controlled.

بواسطة Piter Punk

Master (228)

صورة Piter Punk

16-11-2015, 02:12

Just tested the superimposer.

It works fine using default BASIC commands:

SET VIDEO 2,,,1,,1
COLOR 15,0,0

Now I will superimpose the V9958 and V9990 outputs and will have a MSX3!!
Presuming MSX3=(R800 + V9978) and V9978=(V9958 + V9990) Wink

بواسطة anonymous

incognito ergo sum (116)

صورة anonymous

16-11-2015, 02:33

NYYRIKKI wrote:

If there is a phone number, I make a bet it is in this string: 4004*0603410072003-3746-3912

That doesn't look at all like a Japanese telephone number. However, the last digits of the number (03-3746-3912) DO look like a number from Tokyo.

I called just now to see whether there was a modem or fax at the other end of the line, but the number is disconnected.

بواسطة anonymous

incognito ergo sum (116)

صورة anonymous

16-11-2015, 02:35

Piter Punk wrote:

And why to have this software in a separated cartridge? Maybe the phone numbers are inside the cartridge and they need different cartridges to different country areas?

In order to distribute software updates. It's much easier to send new cartridges to customers than sending them new computers.

بواسطة anonymous

incognito ergo sum (116)

صورة anonymous

16-11-2015, 02:38

mars2000you wrote:

The correct mapping of this rs232c rom is 4000H-BFFFH, but in this case, as rs232c is not supported in blueMSX, you remain blocked on a screen indicating probably that there's no any communication :

"Insert the program cassette."

صفحة 17/21
10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21